Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: ZX9 Exhaust Manifold
mistergrumpy

posted on 16/9/07 at 11:27 AM Reply With Quote
ZX9 Exhaust Manifold

Sorry to ask this age old question but who's the best (for best read cheapest ) to get one of these? I've now got enough money to buy one and after seeing some of the cars at Donnington I want one now. MK's about £360 plus delivery, Tiger do one in component form that by the time all the parts and welding are paid for ain't too far off the same- but with more hassle.MNR? last time I asked they were backed up with work any others? I've read a post about a company called ST?

Digger Barnes

posted on 16/9/07 at 11:31 AM Reply With Quote
I don't know but does ST stand for Stuart Taylor. This is what I have on my car, very nicely made although I don't know how much they are.
mackei23b

posted on 16/9/07 at 11:31 AM Reply With Quote
Hi there

I think the full system including the silencer is £360 from MK, I'm sure I payed about £250 from MK a year ago for the manifold only.

Cheers

Ian

mistergrumpy

posted on 16/9/07 at 11:40 AM Reply With Quote
Ah £360 for it all. That sounds a lot better. Cheers Ian. ST-Stuart Taylor! How I didn't think of that I don't know.I'll have to ring them as I don't think owts listed on their site.

Tangerine Scream

posted on 16/9/07 at 03:43 PM Reply With Quote
If it's for a locost fitment, Aries Motorsport have taken over the locoblade/ninja project. and they are here --> linky
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mistergrumpy

posted on 16/9/07 at 04:06 PM Reply With Quote
Gotcha. £340+VAT = £399.50. Think I'm going to go with Mk £360 - 10% for BEC owners club= £324

mistergrumpy

posted on 19/9/07 at 09:10 AM Reply With Quote
Just a quick one because I want to order this today. Is anyone using an MK exhaust on a C1 engine? I spoke yesterday and someone there said it might not fit the C1 only the E. To be honest he did sound a bit clueless but I'd like to check all the same first.
Cheers

zxrlocost

posted on 19/9/07 at 09:28 AM Reply With Quote
hello mate the deal is with MK Engineering aka Martin at RoadRunner not MK sportscars just incase you didnt5 know

speak to martin and tell him your in the BEC Owners club Chris said to phone you and let him know what you need I do know there all busy
http://www.roadrunnerracing.co.uk/

ta chris

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

mistergrumpy

posted on 19/9/07 at 09:31 AM Reply With Quote
Ah thanks mate. Do I ned to give him any membership details as I haven't got nowt yet?
Edited to say there's no phone number, no e mail or nowt

[Edited on 19/9/07 by mistergrumpy]

mistergrumpy

posted on 19/9/07 at 09:43 AM Reply With Quote
No joy Chris not unless I can take my car down to him which I can't so I'll have to go with MK sportscars I think.

roadrunner

posted on 19/9/07 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote
Hi mate, the one i have is a MK manifold only, £260 + vat, and mine is a c1, they will need to know this when you order.
pass side
pass side

[Edited on 19/9/07 by roadrunner]

mistergrumpy

posted on 19/9/07 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers matey. I was sure that at least a couple on here had one on a C1. I did ring this afternoon and got told to ring back later and ask for Phil and then only to be told that he was too busy to speak and just to bang a cheque with a letter in the post. Sounds pretty sh1tty to me and to be honest given real choice I would've told them to ram it but I don't seem to have that much choice so the cheque will be posted tomorrow. Hey ho

roadrunner

posted on 19/9/07 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
I know exactly what you mean, but keep at them.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.