Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Is Alonso now unemployable ?
britishtrident

posted on 16/9/07 at 03:43 PM Reply With Quote
Is Alonso now unemployable ?

Would you trust Alonso enough to hire him?

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

nitram38

posted on 16/9/07 at 03:45 PM Reply With Quote
I think that he has shot himself.
Did you see the move he put on Hamilton, trying to push him off?
Guess Hamilton's gloves will be off for the next races.

[Edited on 16/9/2007 by nitram38]

Jumpy Guy

posted on 16/9/07 at 03:56 PM Reply With Quote
Alonso is still very employable.

Still world champ, and still with a very real chance of winning this season.

Oh, and the move against Hamilton was exactly what he's meant to do- anything legal to win races... just like Schumacher, Senna et al

As Ron said.

I think that Alonsos experience will become more and more important from now on, and that Hamilton is going to struggle.....

nitram38

posted on 16/9/07 at 04:00 PM Reply With Quote
Although the move is legal, can you see Ferrari drivers doing that?
What about teamwork?
I am sure that Ron Dennis will be having some words or will be getting the P45 ready for the end of the season.

martyn_16v

posted on 16/9/07 at 04:02 PM Reply With Quote
Now that the team aren't earning any constructors points there's absolutely no reason for Alonso & Hamilton to treat each other as anything but direct competition, they're now effectively driving for themselves. So no worries about nerfing each other off the track any more...

blakep82

posted on 16/9/07 at 04:07 PM Reply With Quote
i hear McDonalds are employing...

i don't think he'll struggle getting a drive

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

russbost

posted on 16/9/07 at 04:09 PM Reply With Quote
Have to say it wasn't a nice move but WAS legit, let's face it Schumi et al have been known to hang people out to dry like that! What amazed me is that Hamilton got there in the first place & then 2 abreast into eau rouge
Employable, well I think Toyota might find him a bit more use than their pair who are amongst the highest paid drivers on the grid but God knows why??

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
ecosse

posted on 16/9/07 at 04:10 PM Reply With Quote
Anyone as quick as Alonso with 2 world championships behind him would be very employable, he's not done his image any favours recently, but I doubt that todays tussle with hamilton will do any further harm to him, he did nothing illegal and was faster than hamilton all weekend.

Cheers

Alex

Jumpy Guy

posted on 16/9/07 at 04:10 PM Reply With Quote
eh? teamwork?

we have moaned for years about 'organised winning', in a Ferrari style. We moaned about Schumaker always being number one, ans 'teamwork' preventing the other Ferrari driver actually challenging.

Now we have two drivers who actually do what they are paid to do- race.

And folk moan about lack of 'teamwork'.

Some folk are never happy.

omega 24 v6

posted on 16/9/07 at 04:21 PM Reply With Quote
Very good question.
After the previous discussions re mc laren I was surprised to hear a differrent side of the story during the race today. Correct me if I'm wrong
1 Alonso and de la rosa seem to be the culprits.
2 After the pitlane fiasco where alonso held up Hamilton there was a (heated discussion) where Alonso told Dennis he had the ferrari information
3 Dennis himself asked the fia too look into it.
4 The reporter of the information gets the fine and the culprits seemingly go scot free WTF.
So Ron did know and reported it as soon as.
Did Alonso use the Ferrari info to his own advantage????? Possibly
Did he use the info to try and force Rons hand in the no1 driver preference stakes during the big spat over the pit lane fiasco??? possibly
Will the matter end when the fines paid??? doubtfull as Rons the target (even after all we now know).
Is Alonso unemployable ???????????????? WELL WELL I really don't know as you would need to trust him totally and after this weeks reports I couldn't do that so if it was my race team He'd have to go as soon as.

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

stevec

posted on 16/9/07 at 04:34 PM Reply With Quote
Senna and Prost.
Both were very employable but not to be in the same team.
Steve

jollygreengiant

posted on 16/9/07 at 05:09 PM Reply With Quote
On the subject of who's done what. Did you catch that little snippet of information that was passed by the commentary crew about who else has got technical information about which race teams car.

Yep, apparently, the Renault team is in receipt of technical information about or referring to .................................... McClaren's race cars. Now I wonder who passed this information to the Renault team. It is rumoured that a McClaren driver mught be going back to Renault. Now in view of someone's recent history of handling stolen technical information...........................

It remains to be seen (although I doubt it will happen) if the FIA comes down as heavily on Renault as it did on McClaren.

Oh and just in case. This is my own opinion and reading of the situation and in no way reflects upon this web site or the operator of this web site. If you feel like sueing me then go ahead cos I've got NO MONEY AT ALL.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

matnrach

posted on 16/9/07 at 06:06 PM Reply With Quote
I really think this whole thing has been blown out of all proportion.
If you read the transcription from the FIA, the transfer of information from Stepney to Coughlan amounts to not much more than you would hear down the pitlane anyway or overhear in the bar or airport after a race or test.
Mclaren did not actively seek the information, they were given it by a rougue employee.
It seems that the problem was that they were aware of this information. Whether they changed any priorities in the development of the car because of it is unknown and even if they did the advantage would probably have been insignificant anyway.

StevieB

posted on 16/9/07 at 06:38 PM Reply With Quote
There should be no problem with what he did.

McLaren aren't getting anymore points, so no need for team orders. Let the two very talented drivers off the leash and at least keep the sponsors interest, as well as providing some proper driving entertainment for us to watch!

britishtrident

posted on 16/9/07 at 06:53 PM Reply With Quote
The problem is nothing to do with driving tactics, but if any team can trust him to be loyal to the team.
pajsh

posted on 16/9/07 at 09:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stevec
Senna and Prost.
Both were very employable but not to be in the same team.
Steve

Would Senna or Prost try and blackmail their team principle. I know they hated each other and fought like cat and dog but I don't think either would go as far as Alonso. I'm surprised Alonso has not been fined by FIA for his conduct.

MacLaren must be torn apart behind closed doors and the whole team must despise him for his actions.

Nasty piece of work IMHO but will have plenty of knowledge that will make him worth signing up.

I used to be apathetic but now I just don't care.

wheelfelloff

posted on 16/9/07 at 09:36 PM Reply With Quote
Of course he is employable, F1 is all about winning and he is currently one of the fastest so will get a drive. However, if he stops winning and they all do, then I don't expect that he will get too many favours. Can't see him being round as long as DC has.

I also don't believe that Lewis would have seen anything wrong in the move and I bet he would (and will in the future) have done the same. The only thing that interests me is that Alonso hasn't worked out that if they crash and neither scores no more points he will not win, perhaps Lewis needs to be more forceful.

Still bored ex F1 fan

RK

posted on 17/9/07 at 01:13 AM Reply With Quote
FA is paid to keep sponsors happy by winning, not letting a competitor by. Not nice, but it's him against LH (who has to learn to be patient - he'll get lots of chances). DC has been paid to smile a lot.
ecosse

posted on 17/9/07 at 05:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
DC has been paid to smile a lot.

Eh?
Lost me with that one

Cheers
Alex

britishtrident

posted on 17/9/07 at 06:25 PM Reply With Quote
Just a thought but McLaren should be entitled to recover some of the fine from Alonso's fat salary

[/I]

britishtrident

posted on 17/9/07 at 06:28 PM Reply With Quote
Taken from http://www.planet-f1.com

Quote ----

De La Rosa Didn't Tell Hamilton Something He Should Have
As for De La Rosa, it is inconceivable that he will remain at McLaren beyond this season. As suspected, his email correspondence with Coughlan and compatriot Alonso prove that Hamilton was excluded from what the FIA judged to be critical correspondence regarding McLaren's set-up. While Hamilton must now be grateful for being shunned, it was nevertheless a grave dereliction of duty by the team's test driver.

(One of the few light moments of the weekend occurred when Hamilton was asked whether he had indeed ever corresponded with De la Rosa. "The only e-mail I've sent to Pedro was about a female," he replied.)

end quote

made me smile

Full article at
http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,18954,3265_2733719,00.html

[/I]

ecosse

posted on 17/9/07 at 06:49 PM Reply With Quote
It's becoming quite obvious that LH is getting excluded from a lot of important setup info, what is interesting though is that he would appear to need it!

Cheers

Alex

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.