Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: remote start
oadamo

posted on 22/10/07 at 07:17 PM Reply With Quote
remote start

hi if i was to put a remote start with a keyfob on my locost would this be ok for the sva. the fob has 4 bottons on i was thinking one for starting one for lights and ill think of something else for the other two. iam just thinking of keeping the dashboard clean. plus there will be no key hole for someone to mess with.
adam

blakep82

posted on 22/10/07 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
makes sense, taking away the key switch.

i know CLifford alarm installers don't like to install these remote stat thingys in manual gearbox cars in case its left in gear and started remotely. automatics can only be started in neutral or park, so i guess SVA may not be happy with that

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

MkIndy7

posted on 22/10/07 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
I wouldn't risk it, if you really want to put it in go ahead, just leave a final wire to connect after the SVA.

I would imagine the SVA if it allowed them at all would they (and you) would really want a safety device that prevented the car from being started in gear.

I seem to remember insurance companies not liking them to be fitted at all, and if they were it invalidated its rating if it was a CAT 1 alarm.

Davey D

posted on 22/10/07 at 08:31 PM Reply With Quote
it would be easy in a BEC as bikes have a neutral light. you could run a relay off the neutral light wire, so that it will only remote start when the vehicle is in neutral
k33ts

posted on 22/10/07 at 10:07 PM Reply With Quote
alegedly there illegal to have on a car.
be ok with remote ignition just have that and one push button start, also safer especially with open cockpit, someone could easily mess with the gears.

[Edited on 22/10/07 by k33ts]

tukcustoms.com

britishtrident

posted on 23/10/07 at 07:44 AM Reply With Quote
Remote start is illegal --- highly dangerous

Likewise remote ignition switch is dangerous

Remember a Seven type car should be SIMPLE back to basics.

02GF74

posted on 23/10/07 at 09:38 AM Reply With Quote
I am mistrustful of car electronics that mess with the engine running.

There were stories a few years ago about BMWs cutting out due to radi interference, not what you want when driving on the motorway.

My volvo immobiliser does not like being next to phone masts.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.