Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: cold weather approaching
cadebytiger

posted on 23/10/07 at 07:25 PM Reply With Quote
cold weather approaching

I was just wondering what you people pop on to keep warm and dry now the colder weather is approaching.

i know allot of you pack it in but while i am young (ish) i think i am going to brave it!

coozer

posted on 23/10/07 at 07:25 PM Reply With Quote
A house with central heating.. not going anywhere near that garage

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

blakep82

posted on 23/10/07 at 07:34 PM Reply With Quote
when i'm out in the car, a little hip flask with brandy keeps the cold out

oooh, no. er, wait...

yeah, stay in the house

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

COREdevelopments

posted on 23/10/07 at 07:40 PM Reply With Quote
i usually wrap up in my normal clothes with a good hoody and then pop some overalls on. with a nice wooly hat. and the gas fire on full!! noticed it getting colder already!!

theconrodkid

posted on 23/10/07 at 07:52 PM Reply With Quote
bikers rain suite and russian hat,both available at locost prices from lidl (my fave shop)

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

nick205

posted on 23/10/07 at 07:56 PM Reply With Quote
An extra layer or 2 and a bikers balaclava under my helmet does me so far. Might invest in some gloves soon though.
Confused but excited.

posted on 23/10/07 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
I spent the day in aT-shirt, but had to come in from the garden this afternoon. It was too hot outside.
You have to choose where you live very carefully.

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

roadrunner

posted on 23/10/07 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
Try going out in your birthday suit, it will be like swimming at the north pole naked.

adithorp

posted on 23/10/07 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote
Maplin have heated gloves and jackets on sale!

adrian

NS Dev

posted on 23/10/07 at 09:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cadebytiger
I was just wondering what you people pop on to keep warm and dry now the colder weather is approaching.

i know allot of you pack it in but while i am young (ish) i think i am going to brave it!

I'm going to brave it, just need a windscreen, that's my only concession to the winter

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

David Jenkins

posted on 23/10/07 at 10:03 PM Reply With Quote
I can cope with the cold weather - apart from my hands, which ALWAYS get cold. I've tried all sorts of options, including the Maplin gloves (special offer at the moment - £9.99 a pair) but I'm not yet convinced.

I think I'll have to get some proper bikers' heated gloves sometime, even though they're approaching £100 a set... Can't justify it at the moment though...

RickRick

posted on 24/10/07 at 06:37 AM Reply With Quote
if you can still drive wearing them, try hien gerik monster claws, there warm as toas, still thin so you can tell what your holding, but the down side is they put your fingers in pairs, which can make some things a bit tricky

http://www.hein-gericke.com/uk/product_info.php/cPath/6_144/products_id/3688

[Edited on 24/10/07 by RickRick]

RazMan

posted on 24/10/07 at 08:32 AM Reply With Quote
My car's got a roof and a heater

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
02GF74

posted on 24/10/07 at 10:05 AM Reply With Quote
more layers really and a hat. have got the irvin jacket so that should keep me snug, albeit a bit bulky, a down jacket with waterproof coat works too.

gloves and what I discovered yesterday was long johns are required as they get quite cold. an extra pair of socks and sorted.

as long as it doesn't rain, no reason no to go out.

DarrenW

posted on 25/10/07 at 10:14 AM Reply With Quote
I find in the colder months i have to change from short sleeved to long sleeved T-shirts. Also ditch the shorts in favour of trousers but not much more needed that that really.

I have heard a rumour that people down south wear coats, scarves and woolly hats but its unconfirmed

Has Hellfire Keith switched to trousers yet???? Thats the usual trigger that its getting cold Im sure Bob Johnson must have his number!!!!! Keith in trousers = skitey bits.

(Those in Tyne Tees region will get that last comment).

cadebytiger

posted on 25/10/07 at 10:32 AM Reply With Quote
HAHA!

Thanks all! went for a blat last night! Not too bad actually! I guess it's the rain you gotta worry about really

and the fact that i really need a new silencer!!

Hellfire

posted on 25/10/07 at 11:23 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DarrenW
Blah, blah, waffle.........Has Hellfire Keith switched to trousers yet???? Thats the usual trigger that its getting cold Im sure Bob Johnson must have his number!!!!! Keith in trousers = skitey bits.

(Those in Tyne Tees region will get that last comment).

LOL. Darren, you obviously don't know our old man well enough. The only occassions he doesn't wear shorts is at weddings, funerals, christenings and trackdays. Even extreme cold weather doesn't phase him and he would sooner suffer hypothermia than wear a pair of trousers. (Seriously!)

Personally, I go for balaclava under crash helmet, thermals under jeans, a windproof jacket on top of tee-shirt and jumper and warm gloves.............. and NO I'm not the milkmans son. He be the one with hair But don't tell him I told you....

Phil

[Edited on 25-10-07 by Hellfire]

Grimsdale

posted on 27/10/07 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
i drive my car every day, as it is my only car. Last winter i wore a tshirt, 2 jumpers, a fleece and a thin jacket, usual trousers etc. A bit brisk at times, especially driving in to work for 6am, but bearable!
Jos Fury

posted on 28/10/07 at 07:13 AM Reply With Quote
if its really cold I wear some underwear l normally use for mountainbiking, gloves like these :

and of course a hat

jacko

posted on 28/10/07 at 10:42 AM Reply With Quote
At my age i just Sorn the indy for 6 months and roll on the hot sunny weather
Graham

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.