Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: First event in new Landy
Big Stu

posted on 28/10/07 at 04:16 PM Reply With Quote
First event in new Landy

First event finished today in the Land rover that I have been building on and off for the last few years,. Only one problem where the cap popped off the drop arm for the steering. Took motor home and welded in over night, not going to catch me out again. Now only a few bits to do, get it water tight then locost can go back in garage for a much needed overhaul and maybe a new chassis.

Landy Fisrt event
Landy Fisrt event

[Edited on 28/10/07 by Big Stu]

repper

posted on 28/10/07 at 04:26 PM Reply With Quote
nice one mate looks like we are on the same page
ide love a land rover but the mrs wont let me have one i nealy built one in stead off the luego but wayed up the costs and whent for the car but still get landrover owner mag and dreem what could have been well done for having both

blakep82

posted on 28/10/07 at 05:07 PM Reply With Quote
is that one of the bowler landrovers?

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

TGR-ECOSSE

posted on 28/10/07 at 05:10 PM Reply With Quote
Looks like fun I have just spent the afternoon lying under my father in laws 90 freeing off the handbrake !!! And have recently fitted new discs and pads on my mother in laws Freelander. Have also just replaced all the brakes,all the suspension,the front axle and the clutch on my Disco. Bloody Land Rovers !!! No wonder its taking so long to build the Locost

worX

posted on 28/10/07 at 05:17 PM Reply With Quote
A friend of mine has Umpteen drovers and I hanker after one every time I see him, but they just seem so dear for a decent one!

I'd love to buy one on the cheap that only needed a bit of upkeep (instead of completely rebuilding)

Steve

Big Stu

posted on 28/10/07 at 06:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
is that one of the bowler landrovers?

It is based roughly on a tomcat which, was Drew Bowlers first design. He sold the rights to www.tomcatmotorsport.co.uk
A local blacksmith / engineer created the roll cage and shorted the range rover chassis the rest of it I built. Just need to get some paint on it. I am sure it will take a good few bumps and scratches so just going to roller it!

I had fitted magnets to the handbrake drum but I think I must of rubbed them of at some point today, as I had no speedo on the way home on the Digi dash.

As for cost, I think it has cost me about £4000 to build. I have tried to keep as many parts standard range rover as they are easier to fix.

tom_loughlin

posted on 28/10/07 at 06:49 PM Reply With Quote
I've just got into the Landrover scene recently - hankering after a series 2a, v8 truck cab - just last week got mack from a 4x4 rally in morocco - with all sorts of custom machines - bowlers, tomcats and milners to name a few. To me the star of the event was a 2a though.

I love the idea of using them how they are designed to be used - nice one!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.