Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Testing the Water for Lights
RazMan

posted on 12/11/07 at 11:23 PM Reply With Quote
Testing the Water for Lights

Ok here's the pitch - I am currently negotiating with a major lights manufacturer for a distributor deal for the Essex area, but of course anyone can order from me via an on-line shop (maybe eBay)

I am hoping to take on a small but well chosen range of headlights, taillights and indicators (to start with anyway) so I would like some feedback from the people that really matter ...... you lot

Please note that these will not be the cheap end of the market but they will be good value for money and extremely high quality. LEDs will be prominent in the tail lights & indicators section but of course I will supply the old technology too if pushed

So come on guys, tell me what you want for your cars.

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
smart51

posted on 13/11/07 at 08:13 AM Reply With Quote
I'm interested in the Hella Bi-Halogen and Bi-Xenon lamps. They have a 90mm diameter lens and are the same as the separate dip and main beam sold by SVC amongst others, but are combined.

Other than that, what I want are modern looking lights that don't have visible screw heads.

ayoungman

posted on 13/11/07 at 09:41 AM Reply With Quote
I'd be interested in a set of nice modern looking rear lights.

"just like that !"

Richard Quinn

posted on 13/11/07 at 10:12 AM Reply With Quote
I'll be after a full set of lights fairly soon. Looking for something SVA friendly but a little different to the standard 5 3/4 chrome bowls on the front and hamburgers or trailers on the back. A bit of decent looking carbon effect goes a long way too!
DaveFJ

posted on 13/11/07 at 10:20 AM Reply With Quote
I think they key is in the service provided. I want a provider who knows what he is talking about and can actually be contacted when I have a problem....

The items for sale need to be acurately described (in good detail!) and clearly phoographed. To many times I have ordered kit based on a single grainy picture and poor description only to find it was not quite what i wanted

e.g. I recently had a problem with hazard switches. There aren't a lot of 'nice' ones around so my choice was limited between one from SVC and one from VWP. I bought the VWP item and it turned out that it did work the way i wanted it to. Then bought the SVC one and it works perefectly BUT there was no indication on the website that would be the case and the wiring diagram I recieved with it was useless! I spent ages fiddling with a m,ultimeter trying to work out which of the 9 connecteors did what!

Dave

"In Support of Help the Heroes" - Always

russbost

posted on 13/11/07 at 11:58 AM Reply With Quote
Raz,

Both I & any of my future customers would be in the market for the smallest front lights possible, I can currently get some which are just 90mm diam. lenses & do dip/main & sides in one unit, they are the flat dipped beam which is OK for MOT, but arguable for SVA, so if you can improve on the above I'm sure there is a market.
With regard to rears some form of "strip" LED's which don't actually cost an arm & a leg would be good - let me know if you come up with anything.

Russ

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
smart51

posted on 13/11/07 at 12:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by russbost
Raz,

Both I & any of my future customers would be in the market for the smallest front lights possible, I can currently get some which are just 90mm diam. lenses & do dip/main & sides in one unit
Russ

What lights are those? I want some.

russbost

posted on 13/11/07 at 01:48 PM Reply With Quote
"What lights are those? I want some."
Whoops - sorry Raz, not trying to swipe your Post or your business but I'm currently negotiating to buy a load of these, Demon Tweeks have them at about £55 each, I will be able to do them for around £70 a pair (possibly even less) + P & P

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
James

posted on 15/11/07 at 01:16 PM Reply With Quote
Another important thing is that they're correctly e-marked for SVA and also dip-left.

There's a lot of sellers saying "will pass SVA as far as I know" but it's often a bit questionable. And doing things like rotating the lens etc. is a bit of a bodge IMO.

So proper SVA-compliant e-marking and dipping.

Oh, and carbon shells rather than crappy painted 'effect' would be nice too!

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.