Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: KCBCF3 xflow cam help
thunderace

posted on 17/11/07 at 04:13 PM Reply With Quote
KCBCF3 xflow cam help

can i run this cam in my 1600cc xfloe engine if i have just moved my timing 8deg or is there something else i need to do ?
do i need to buy this
(016"IN/.016"EX CLEARANCE KIT )

i have just rebuit my engine with new evrything and dont want to brake it by making a big mistake.

thunderace

posted on 17/11/07 at 04:22 PM Reply With Quote
To: thunderace
Sent: 9/11/07 at 06:16 PM

I got the burton list of cams and there is notes saying which cams need piston mods.

Looking at the lift, anyting over 10 mm seems to be the case.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
bcf2 doesn't need cut outs but bcf3 does

"i dont understand what you mean by that"(cut outs in the pistons??)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the pistons come with cut outs??
i have bigger cut outs to take max size valves.think there 41.3mm inlets with a 34mm ex

it took me a week to port and polish it .

do you need to make them deeper to avoide the valves bounsing and hitting them or just use heavy duty spring i dont understand ??

[Edited on 17/11/07 by thunderace]

MikeRJ

posted on 17/11/07 at 05:15 PM Reply With Quote
The BCF3 cam does not require extra piston cut outs. This was confirmed by Dave Walker in another thread recently, and I have a BCF3 in a 1600 xflow running standard unmodified pistons.

The Kent catalogue states that it is the "maximum" cam that will fit without piston mods.

http://www.kentcams.com/Downloads/Files/catalogue_medRes.pdf

You should use the valve springs that come with the cam kit, standard springs will almost certainly allow valve float/bounce within the usable RPM range.

[Edited on 17/11/07 by MikeRJ]

stretch

posted on 21/11/07 at 11:16 AM Reply With Quote
i had to make the cutouts on my pistons a slight bit deeper where the intake valve goes

because the fitted an adjustable cam gear and changed the cam timing a bit to give a little extra

then its needed to make the cutout a bit deeper, but was only .5mm if i recall correctly

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.