New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Teddy bear
westf27

posted on 29/11/07 at 06:28 PM Reply With Quote
Teddy bear

going to call my teddy bear Jesus,see you in fifteen days
Paul (Notts)

posted on 29/11/07 at 06:36 PM Reply With Quote
A clear attempt to incite racial hatred which is a criminal offence is this country. So I am going to report you and demand that you are stoned to death.

Paul

blakep82

posted on 29/11/07 at 06:40 PM Reply With Quote
i wonder how many kids in her class are called Mohammed.

Didn't they say it was illegal to make an image of the profet mohammed?

surely naming a kid mohammed isn't that much didfferent to naming a bear mohammed.

what if a kid is called mohammed, and turns out to be a complete knob? is that illegal too?

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Paul TigerB6

posted on 29/11/07 at 06:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paul (Notts)
A clear attempt to incite racial hatred which is a criminal offence is this country. So I am going to report you and demand that you are stoned to death.

Paul

'scuse me - this is a car forum so keep it kinda on topic please. We dont stone people to death - you will have to sandblast him to death instead.

So how big a compressor and how many kg of medium will you need to blast him to death????

emsfactory

posted on 29/11/07 at 06:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
i wonder how many kids in her class are called Mohammed.

Didn't they say it was illegal to make an image of the profet mohammed?

surely naming a kid mohammed isn't that much didfferent to naming a bear mohammed.

what if a kid is called mohammed, and turns out to be a complete knob? is that illegal too?

blakep82

posted on 29/11/07 at 06:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paul TigerB6
quote:
Originally posted by Paul (Notts)

Paul

'scuse me - this is a car forum so keep it kinda on topic please. We dont stone people to death - you will have to sandblast him to death instead.

So how big a compressor and how many kg of medium will you need to blast him to death????

read that thread, look for my post about the dream i had!

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

emsfactory

posted on 29/11/07 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote
I heard their was more too it than just the name. Apparently over there the bear is nasty and violent and not very nice so the locals dont
like them. Not like hear where the bears are cute and cuddly.

So their are also cultaural differences to consider.

Bloody hell.

Mr Whippy

posted on 29/11/07 at 07:01 PM Reply With Quote
yeah alot of the problem seem to be just how Mohammed is shown, he was in south park once fighting David Blaine along side Jesus & pals and not a peep was heard about it.

Apparently it was wrong because - "sections of even Sudanese academia insisted the British teacher had been wrong to name the bear Mohammed because the animal does not exist in Sudanese folklore "if you call someone a bear they will be angry"

Glad that makes sense...?

[Edited on 29/11/07 by Mr Whippy]

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Benzine

posted on 29/11/07 at 07:55 PM Reply With Quote
lol @ religion
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
joneh

posted on 29/11/07 at 08:57 PM Reply With Quote
Hope this works. Arf

[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y237/frogdoctor/socksl.jpg?t=1196367758[/img]

Grrr. Clicky

[Edited on 29/11/07 by joneh]

_Aero_

posted on 29/11/07 at 10:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
Apparently it was wrong because - "sections of even Sudanese academia insisted the British teacher had been wrong to name the bear Mohammed because the animal does not exist in Sudanese folklore "if you call someone a bear they will be angry"

[Edited on 29/11/07 by Mr Whippy]

The problem being that the teacher didn't actually name the Teddy Bear Mohammed, it was the children who named the Bear after taking a democratic vote.
In my eyes, the authorities simply wanted that certain teacher out... constructive dismissal if you ask me. Now, would that be sumissible in a country that is supposedly 500 years behind us (FiveLive), perhaps not!

My 2p

dhutch

posted on 29/11/07 at 10:55 PM Reply With Quote
I have a 'teddy' which is called Eyore.
- However as its a blue donkey, maybe thats ok?

Daniel

Simon

posted on 30/11/07 at 12:44 AM Reply With Quote
Talking to a friend (who is a Muslim, likes a drink, smoke etc ); him and some of his friends reckon Islam is fifty years behind the wooden spoon.

Go back a good few years (to the time of the Hanging Gardens etc) and the middle east was one of the most advanced civilisations on the planet.

I've often compared Islam (622 years behind the Christian calendar) to what the "west" was like in the late 13th century.

I agree with comment heard on the radio today, that this case is just an excuse for the rulers of Sudan to take its peoples' minds off their appalling situation (Darfur etc).

FWIW though, I got 3% in Religious Ed exam to help me decide my O levels, needless to say, RE wasn't one of them, so I guess my opinion may not be worth much

Whilst not an atheist, I do wonder if the planet would be better without religion of any sort. It would be one less thing to fight over.

ATB

Simon

[Edited on 30/11/07 by Simon]

02GF74

posted on 30/11/07 at 08:05 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Simon

Whilst not an atheist, I do wonder if the planet would be better without religion of any sort. It would be one less thing to fight over.

unfortunately not. people are tribal by nature and want to distinguish themselves from the other tribe so that they know who is who come heads kicking time.

if it wasn't for religiion, it would be politics, race, colour of facial hair, football team, kit car make .....

RK

posted on 1/12/07 at 02:02 AM Reply With Quote
Used to be just the people with glasses that got picked on. Well, them and the guy who peed his pants in grade 3.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.