Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: whiplash
BenB

posted on 30/11/07 at 08:22 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by oadamo
just lost a big post from not logging in lol.

i never handed in a sick note. i lost a 25k a year job even tho i was still going to work. but i couldnt do my job proper. and now ive been told i wont got alot because i didnt go to the doctors. i only went once.
iam the sort of person to just get on with things lol.
adam

Blimey that sucks!!!
Clearly there's a fine line between going too rarely to document sufficiently and going too often!!!

ditchlewis

posted on 30/11/07 at 08:58 AM Reply With Quote
i'm sorry to hear about the accident, i hope your wife is ok.

i had a crash many years ago and got 3750 for the whiplash injury, but it took 3 years. i had to go to the doctors a few times in that period and have some physio.

since then i have been rammed at least twice more and now i have neck problems particually in the winter.....

ditch

MikeRJ

posted on 30/11/07 at 09:30 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BenB
- Mrs A saying can I write a letter to her council association saying that she (and all her family) have got asthma so that she can have carpets replaced with laminate floors. Despite the fact that none of them have that diagnosis....

I am stunned that people have the bare faced cheek to ask a GP to write a bogus letter. It would be great to write a really impressive sounding letter using totaly made up terms:

Mrs X and her family are suffering from an acute case of putteronitis. This has reached an advanced stage, displaying primary cranial-vacuous syndrome with a real possibility of developing pychyous gimeelucre if not treated soon.

chrsgrain

posted on 30/11/07 at 09:54 AM Reply With Quote
Problem is if we wrote that - we'd be up in front of the GMC and be losing our livelihood!

Ben will get it much more where he works - but I see people every day who are trying to work the system, it does sometimes blunt your sympathy a little for those people who are properly ill.

The people to look out for are the ones who 'just get on with it' and could actually do a lot better with some treatment.

As far as whiplash goes - not my area of expertise, but the Mrs is waiting for a claim to go through - a good physio is worth finding - your GP should be able to recommend one, or go by word of mouth.

By the way - soft neck collars are only useful to;

1. Make people feel sorry for you
2. Keep your neck warm

Chris

[Edited on 30/11/07 by chrsgrain]

Spoing! - the sound of an irony meter breaking...

ravingfool

posted on 30/11/07 at 11:10 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RK
I have been affected by being rear ended by another car more than once. My advice is as follows. Please consider it CAREFULLY:

1. Find out who the best lawyer who has experience in these matters is.

2. Get him to agree to work for contingency (a percentage of the amount won in any settlement). Sign a ton of paperwork that he will hand you, but read it carefully. Don't be nervous about asking questions. That's what he's there for.

I would say I agree with needing a solicitor that you trust and feel is competent, but chances are your insurance company will be handling all the details of arranging a suitable solicitor for the matter. They will find someone competent for the work as afterall it's in their best interests.

Regarding contingency fees, I'm afraid we cannot do that in this country (thank god) but if you do employ a solicitor directly you may be able to do so on a conditional fee arrangement. This is pretty much as it sounds, you only pay if you win, although if you do the fee will be 10% or so higher than otherwise. The full details of any such agreement have to be agreed in full in writing though so it's not something to worry about.

Good luck.

BenB

posted on 30/11/07 at 02:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chrsgrain
Problem is if we wrote that - we'd be up in front of the GMC and be losing our livelihood!

Ben will get it much more where he works - but I see people every day who are trying to work the system, it does sometimes blunt your sympathy a little for those people who are properly ill.

The people to look out for are the ones who 'just get on with it' and could actually do a lot better with some treatment.

As far as whiplash goes - not my area of expertise, but the Mrs is waiting for a claim to go through - a good physio is worth finding - your GP should be able to recommend one, or go by word of mouth.

By the way - soft neck collars are only useful to;

1. Make people feel sorry for you
2. Keep your neck warm

Chris

[Edited on 30/11/07 by chrsgrain]

They're also good at making sure you don't move your neck for a few days, ensuring when you do finally try and move it, it's seized solid.....
Best used for a few hours only.....

afj

posted on 30/11/07 at 07:08 PM Reply With Quote
shes feeling much the same today although she is a little tender across her gut where the seat belt was. anyway the soliciter rang today and they spoke at lenth about her injurys and inconvinences so far. anyway she said thank you to all who have wished her well
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.