Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Anyone out driving still??
mad dad

posted on 1/12/07 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
Anyone out driving still??

Went out today as it was really sunny and roads all dry had a great time but really notice how low the sun is these days.............really pleased i have kept it taxed and ready for use on days like this

graememk

posted on 1/12/07 at 08:44 PM Reply With Quote
i've been out over the last 3 weekends.

just have to be carefull with the right foot

stevec

posted on 1/12/07 at 08:46 PM Reply With Quote
Mines still legal, would have gone out today but Trinny and Suzanna, read wife and daughter dragged me off to town to buy a pair of glasses that I can be seen out of the garage in. Bloody women
worX

posted on 1/12/07 at 08:51 PM Reply With Quote
Went for a run out to Oulton today to have a gander at the trackdayers that were there!

It was a good (short) blast!!!

Steve

paulf

posted on 1/12/07 at 08:57 PM Reply With Quote
Im still using mine at the moment, it is actually the only car i have on the road at the moment as my tintop failed MOT so am having to rely on it.
I went out for a ride around the local lanes on thursday but the roads were thick with mud so i now have a mainly brown coulored car, the roads are also very slippery even when they appear to be dry so have to be a bit carefull but its good fun even so.
Paul.

nib1980

posted on 1/12/07 at 09:14 PM Reply With Quote
I'm still out and about, on the nicer ones! still great fun!
UncleFista

posted on 1/12/07 at 10:10 PM Reply With Quote
As long as there's no snow on the ground and it's not hoofing down with rain, I'm out there whenever I can.

Was out for an hour earlier, wasn't even that cold

Tony Bond / UncleFista

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...

RazMan

posted on 2/12/07 at 12:12 AM Reply With Quote
Every day, rain or shine

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
russbost

posted on 2/12/07 at 10:08 AM Reply With Quote
Still taxed, use it all Winter whenever weather allows

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
David Jenkins

posted on 2/12/07 at 11:16 AM Reply With Quote
As the weather's been so miserable the past few weeks I've decided that it's time for the car to have its annual inspection & service - covers off, good look around, greasing what needs it, oil change, the lot. I'll probably fit my bike carbs, as well as a few other jobs I've been saving up.

The sun'll come out for the next few weeks, you just watch...

djtom

posted on 2/12/07 at 12:39 PM Reply With Quote
Got annoyed whenever the car was off the road last year and the weather was good, so this year it's staying taxed all winter.

Even experimented yesterday with turning the boost up, seeing as it was such a lovely day with dry roads. 12psi seems to equate to first and second gears being relegated to tyre-warming duties. It really is bloody fast.

Got a trackday booked at Bedford on the 15th Dec, so I'm hoping for one of those crisp sunny winter days we seem to get so rarely. Driving 100 miles each way and spending all day on track won't be so much fun in a sleet-storm...
Tom

David Jenkins

posted on 2/12/07 at 01:01 PM Reply With Quote
I love driving in the winter (apart from the cold hands) - the car's so responsive, and there are fewer dozy, rubber-necking tourists to get in the way...

wilkingj

posted on 2/12/07 at 01:38 PM Reply With Quote
Mine is also taxed all year round. As long as its dry and no salt out there It gets used.

As said earlier, carefull with the right foot!.

I dont have a windscreen either... so its Bike Helmet (every time, even in summer) and full biker gear.

Get some funny looks... but still turns the heads..

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
hobbsy

posted on 2/12/07 at 03:12 PM Reply With Quote
I was given some proper biker gloves by an ex-biker after I whinged about cold hands to someone. They seem a LOT better than my OMP nomex ones, for keeping the cold at that is.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.