Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: dentists
theconrodkid

posted on 6/12/07 at 05:20 PM Reply With Quote
dentists

had to go and have a filling today,the last one fell out,after 15 minutes of torture with a black and decker angle grinder the dentist tells me that the tooth will have to come out.
i was taken aback at this and asked for the options.
its either live in pain for the rest of my life or have my head removed without anesthetic due to NHS cuts.
or for a (not so) small donation i can have a jab and tooth removed with little (lie) or no (bigger lie) pain.
i went for the latter and am now on a diet of soup and NO CIGS for 2 weeks
so boys and girls.....BRUSH YOUR TEETH!

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

Davey D

posted on 6/12/07 at 05:24 PM Reply With Quote
i had a back tooth that came through a bit discoloured when i was younger. i lived with it, but it kept needing fillings, and then they kept falling out. in the end the dentist wanted to take the top off, and cap it.. i said Hell no, just pull it out, so he did. i then asked if i could keep it, to which he told em that i couldnt because it was diseased... he negated to tell me that when it was still in my mouth

worX

posted on 6/12/07 at 05:26 PM Reply With Quote
32 years old and I don't have a filling!!!

Mind you, haven't been to the dentist for years!

Steve

donut

posted on 6/12/07 at 05:27 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers John, i gotta go have a filling tomorrow Thankfully it's only a tiny one and i can't remember the last time i had one.

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
speedyxjs

posted on 6/12/07 at 05:29 PM Reply With Quote
Iv got to go back in january to have a filling and i am dreading it. I used to have this really cool austrailian dentist who could give you a filling without an injection and you wouldnt feel a thing. My new one you can feel even with an injection

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

theconrodkid

posted on 6/12/07 at 05:38 PM Reply With Quote
i had the wisdom tooth next to this one removed a few months ago,i wont go into the horrors of that one on here tho

the dentist was later found with an axe through his head,nowt to do with me tho

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

zilspeed

posted on 6/12/07 at 05:49 PM Reply With Quote
I was scared of the dentist for years, then I realllllly had to go eventually.

I've had the lot done, fillings, extractions, root canal. I even had a root removed after everything else caved in and that was the only bit left.
Our local place always has fresh out of Uni dentists along with the more experienced hands and I have never experienced pain with any of them.

The dentist is no longer to be feared - there's no need any more.

02GF74

posted on 6/12/07 at 05:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by donut
Cheers John, i gotta go have a filling tomorrow Thankfully it's only a tiny one and i can't remember the last time i had one.

signs of old age : tooth problems and memory loss!

BenB

posted on 6/12/07 at 06:15 PM Reply With Quote
Dentists I can handle. It's the evil hygienist with the sharp spike of doom I'm not so fond of.....
Danozeman

posted on 6/12/07 at 07:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

32 years old and I don't have a filling!!!

Im 25 and am in the process of having all of my teeth filled bar 4 front ones!!!

Dont eat extra strong mints by the bucket load!!!

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

speedyxjs

posted on 6/12/07 at 07:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74
quote:
Originally posted by donut

signs of old age : tooth problems and memory loss!

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

dave1888

posted on 6/12/07 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
I broke a tooth on monday, so i guess after years of being afraid im going to have to go. My dentist looks a bit like Lawrence Olivier
rusty nuts

posted on 6/12/07 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
What a bunch of pansies you lot are . Don't mind a filling, but there is no way they are sticking a needle in me
jacko

posted on 6/12/07 at 09:12 PM Reply With Quote
I did not go to the dentist for 13 years but when i did i had to have 13 fillings
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
welderman

posted on 6/12/07 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote
Ive got a few fillings, been going to the same fella since i was at school, hes well into bikes and cars.
Best bit is going for a scale and polish, the young lady who performs this fantastic service has a lovley pair of , and they just manage to brush your shoulder if your lucky.
Guys use your imagination, id say about 32E, oh and white gown too.
(perve i know)

Thank's, Joe

I don't stalk people

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/23/viewthread.php?tid=172301

Back on with the Fisher Fury R1

Agriv8

posted on 6/12/07 at 09:39 PM Reply With Quote
Whats a NHS dentist ?

MRS was due for free NHS checkups due to being preggers. NHS direct couldnt find us an NHS dentist taking on public for a 30 mile radius.

PS that encompasses Leeds and Bradford !!!.

I pay for private as my teath are shite ( I blame shift work - eating choclare to get me through the night ) and being so tall lack of calcium.

Regards

Agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

triafgg

posted on 7/12/07 at 08:58 AM Reply With Quote
Just on hols in Vietnam, the wife had 3 teeth out and bridgework with 3 new teeth. Lots of pain because they aren't as up to date as the UK(not laughing really) but all that for less than £200(really laughing now) would have cost £1000/1500 here poss more. Thailand is cheap as well, almost pays for the hol. I had a clean and polish for £2, bargain....

Also must say, fantastic work and lots of care taken.

[Edited on 7/12/07 by triafgg]

DaveFJ

posted on 7/12/07 at 09:42 AM Reply With Quote
finally went to the dentist after 3 years of toothache. wish I hadn't bothered 4 weeks of total agony and now (several months later) the pain is back to level that it was at before I went! I'm gonna live with it until I can afford yto go private.. Bloody NHS! you finally get to see a dentist and some eastern european with a certificate from the university of madeupplaces who cocks it up and charges you about £70 for the privelige....

Dave

"In Support of Help the Heroes" - Always

02GF74

posted on 7/12/07 at 04:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Agriv8
I pay for private as my teath are shite ( I blame shit work - eating choclare to get me through the night ) and being so tall lack of calcium.

... and your spelling is not much better

Danozeman

posted on 7/12/07 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

finally went to the dentist after 3 years of toothache. wish I hadn't bothered 4 weeks of total agony and now (several months later) the pain is back to level that it was at before I went! I'm gonna live with it until I can afford yto go private.. Bloody NHS! you finally get to see a dentist and some eastern european with a certificate from the university of madeupplaces who cocks it up and charges you about £70 for the privelige....

Dave theres a couple of nhs dentists is stowmarket that did have places. the one i go to on bury street are v good. They might have places.

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

Agriv8

posted on 10/12/07 at 09:38 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74
quote:
Originally posted by Agriv8
I pay for private as my teath are shite ( I blame shit work - eating choclare to get me through the night ) and being so tall lack of calcium.

... and your spelling is not much better

Yup got a peice of paper that says I can't spell cause i iz dizlexick ( thats true by the way - though I dont sufer from it as bad as some )

regards

Agriv8

[Edited on 10/12/07 by Agriv8]

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

James

posted on 11/12/07 at 12:48 AM Reply With Quote
30 next year and no fillings yet- fingers crossed.

With fluoridated water and tooth brushes/paste so cheap is there really any excuse?

Friend of mine was a dental nurse. She says you should brush 3 times a day and ideally use mouthwash once or twice as well.

Conrod, smoking also kills your gums!!! Give it up!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

02GF74

posted on 11/12/07 at 07:52 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by James
30 next year and no fillings yet- fingers crossed.

With fluoridated water and tooth brushes/paste so cheap is there really any excuse?

yes, old age. When I were lad, we used leaches and birch twigs to clean our teeth; this was years before flouride was discovered.

you kids don't know how lucky you are with yer new fangled ultrasonic tooth brushes and stripey gel minty flavoured toothpastes .

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.