Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: ATV Quad plans?
coozer

posted on 21/12/07 at 05:20 PM Reply With Quote
ATV Quad plans?

I have a scrapped bent motorcycle that paid for my MNR

It is a 600cc engine in a bent frame. I really fancy converting it into a quad.

Anyone got any plans or dimensions to build one? I want to use the bike frame and adapt it but need some light uprights as well. Any little cars with really light mechanics around scrap yards these days? Mini perhaps?

Merry xmas,
Steve

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

Simon

posted on 21/12/07 at 06:13 PM Reply With Quote
Was looking at a cheap (read Chinese) quad in one of the other units at work, and was thinking about how easy it would be to make a proper one.

Basically, make a transmission tunnel and hang wishbones of that

Sure there's a bit more to it than that, but not much!

ATB

Simon

marc n

posted on 21/12/07 at 07:22 PM Reply With Quote
just so happens steve i have a frame spare somewhere that was the mock up for the class eight grass tracking car, we where going to put a 600 kwaker engine in it and have it for a bit of fun, but have had no time to do anything with it
its yours for beer money if your interested

cheers

marc

[Edited on 21/12/07 by marc n]

please email rather than u2u
direct workshop email ( manned 8am till 6pm )
www.mnrltd.co.uk enquireys to :-
chrismnrltd@btinternet.com

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
blakep82

posted on 21/12/07 at 09:17 PM Reply With Quote
i forget where, but a grass track site had some cheap uprights, i forget which site though, they were only like £40 each or something

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

higgsti

posted on 21/12/07 at 09:31 PM Reply With Quote
i would also be interested in any plans ive got a 893cc blade engine hanging around
Richard Quinn

posted on 21/12/07 at 11:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
i forget where, but a grass track site had some cheap uprights, i forget which site though, they were only like £40 each or something

DRDracing.co.uk (£40) or Geoff Berrisford (£44)

blakep82

posted on 22/12/07 at 12:11 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Quinn
quote:
Originally posted by blakep82

DRDracing.co.uk (£40) or Geoff Berrisford (£44)

dont think they were the ones i was thinking of, but still good! any reason why they couldn't be used on a road car? £40 each, they seem better than finding cortina ones!

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Richard Quinn

posted on 22/12/07 at 09:22 AM Reply With Quote
I think that the DRD one has straight holes through and is designed for an all rosejoint type set up. The Berrisford one has a tapered hole for a bottom ball joint. There is quite a bit of welding on each type and I don't know whether the stub axles pass through the back and are then welded or are "just" welded onto the front of the back plate.
coozer

posted on 22/12/07 at 11:11 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by marc n
just so happens steve i have a frame spare somewhere that was the mock up for the class eight grass tracking car, we where going to put a 600 kwaker engine in it and have it for a bit of fun, but have had no time to do anything with it
its yours for beer money if your interested

cheers

marc

Thanks Marc, but I need to point out the engine I have is a single from a KLR600 that has a mind blowing 27bhp!

I just want to adapt what I have around me. The headstock is twisted from my head on crash and I just fancied hanging some bones off it to build a small quad.

I don't want to get too involved with another project, I haven't finished the two I've got already!

Merry xmas,
Steve

[Edited on 21/12/07 by marc n]

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.