Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Westfield vs Fury
Aico

posted on 23/12/07 at 11:02 AM Reply With Quote
Westfield vs Fury

How do these 2 cars compare? The Fury with no doors and a small windscreen. The Westfield also with a small screen/bubbles. Howmuch does a BEC Westfield weight? 450kg or more around 500kg? Is there a difference in handling? In the 750 club I don't see many Westfields. What is the reason behind this? Is the car simply to slow? How about the drivingfeel of a Fury. Does it sortof feel like a normal car compared to a Seven? Like being protected by the sides etc.
zxrlocost

posted on 23/12/07 at 11:12 AM Reply With Quote
Hi I really think you need to get a test ride

theres plenty of vids to prove how quick all these cars are

either one would blow your socks off

and go round bends very fast

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

snapper

posted on 23/12/07 at 11:14 AM Reply With Quote
The Fury's enclosed bodywork is worth 10 to 15mph down the back straight.
You dont hit that aerodynamic brickwall at 110 to 115 as the sevens do.
The better aerodynamics are probably worth near 30bhp, more space for the fuller figure and a good looking car.
I can attest to the strength of the Fury after being a passenger in a big off at Total Kit Car live, walked away with a stiff neck so fit head pads or high back seats.

[Edited on 23/12/07 by snapper]

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

Coose

posted on 23/12/07 at 03:57 PM Reply With Quote
That was brave!

There is nothing wrong with either a Fury or a Westfield - if you can get either for the right price I'd go for it!

Spin 'er off Well...

Aico

posted on 23/12/07 at 04:56 PM Reply With Quote
Both are the same price. Fury is a CEC 260hp and the Westfield a BEC 140hp. Which one to go for?
Coose

posted on 23/12/07 at 05:35 PM Reply With Quote
Why don't you arrange a trip over and have a look at both?

Is the Fury Nissan-powered by any chance? If so it would certainly be comparable performance-wise to the BEC Westie, but what you will probably find is the torque will make it feel faster (although it probably isn't). An example of this is whilst on one of the Ne7ers trackdays that we have a t Teesside Autodrome, I took oioi out for a session in my R1 Striker, and then he took me out in his sorted 215bhp VX Westie. His car isn't any quicker than mine, it just feels quicker because: -

1, The sheer torque produced by a larger capacity, sorted motor. I used 5 gears (2nd-6th), he used 3 (2nd-4th). And,

2, He's mad and overtakes where I wouldn't!

The choice is yours!

p.s. What motor is in the Westie?

Spin 'er off Well...

zxrlocost

posted on 23/12/07 at 08:09 PM Reply With Quote
thats interesting coose as I drove my mates westie with a well tuned vauxhall engine and didnt get half the adrenaline rush buzz I get from an r1 car

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

Aico

posted on 23/12/07 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote
Yea the Fury has a CA18DET. The Westfield a 1200cc Bandit engine. Both on Pistonheads. The price is about the same, but the locations are way apart. There is no way I can look at both at the same day. So what's nicer looking at the funfactor? 1 say CEC and another a BEC I can understand the torque of the CEC, but why is the BEC more fun over the CEC? The noise?

[Edited on 23/12/07 by Aico]

higgsti

posted on 23/12/07 at 09:52 PM Reply With Quote
that westy has been bought and sold a few times on pistonheads it was originally in manchester it took a while to sell then and its been on a long time now.
Aico

posted on 23/12/07 at 09:58 PM Reply With Quote
Is there something wrong with the car then? Anyone know the car?
Dangle_kt

posted on 23/12/07 at 10:00 PM Reply With Quote
BEC will have a 6 speed sequential box. BANG BANG BANG through the gears. Certainly is entertaining!!

The bang is your stomach hitting the back of the seat

higgsti

posted on 23/12/07 at 10:05 PM Reply With Quote
dont know if theres anything wrong with the car maybee because its not a popular engine choice there are 2 cars on there i can vouch for which are great cars
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/307873.htm
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/294532.htm

[Edited on 23/12/07 by higgsti]

[Edited on 23/12/07 by higgsti]

Coose

posted on 23/12/07 at 10:54 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zxrlocost
thats interesting coose as I drove my mates westie with a well tuned vauxhall engine and didnt get half the adrenaline rush buzz I get from an r1 car

They do the same thing but in a different way. As I said, the Westie probably isn't any quicker than my R1 Striker, I just think that torque of the VX gives a feeing of thrust.

quote:
Originally posted by Aico
I can understand the torque of the CEC, but why is the BEC more fun over the CEC? The noise?

The speed that you get from standstill for flat in top is astonishing, as Danglekit says especially due to the sequencial box and the silky-sweet clutchless changes. Also, the lack of weight is another major contributing factor. Again, at Teesside Autodrome my R1 is pulling 10500 in top at the end of the back straight (110mph) and I can brake about 50 metres later than most of the CECs....

Spin 'er off Well...

higgsti

posted on 24/12/07 at 12:31 AM Reply With Quote
BEC will have a 6 speed sequential box. BANG BANG BANG through the gears. Certainly is entertaining!!

The bang is your stomach hitting the back of the seat

on the old anglesey circuit i was in a megabusa and 2 friends were in westies with 240bhp xe engines i could keep up in the corners but they could pull away on the straights .changed to a westfield with duratec and dont have that problem any more even better with a the 5 speed sequential coupled to a circa 240 bhp duratec like mine on the long straight at anglesey a porsche turbo couldnt get away from me

[Edited on 24/12/07 by higgsti]

Coose

posted on 24/12/07 at 09:30 AM Reply With Quote
p.s. Although Westie's are great, my next car will be a BEC Fury Spider with a Classic bonnet, but not for a while yet....

(possibly more than one engine....)

[Edited on 24/12/07 by Coose]

Spin 'er off Well...

procomp

posted on 26/12/07 at 07:40 PM Reply With Quote
Hi all i will add to this is that this comment is absoloute rubbish.

"The Fury's enclosed bodywork is worth 10 to 15mph down the back straight.
You dont hit that aerodynamic brickwall at 110 to 115 as the sevens do.
The better aerodynamics are probably worth near 30bhp,"

If that was the case then both our car's and the raw strikers would never have won any races. Why do so many people keep geting drawn into so many of the myths that are dreamt up.

Cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.