Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: GTS Tuning advertising
oudakontrol

posted on 4/1/08 at 07:19 AM Reply With Quote
GTS Tuning advertising

I received an email from this company stating they have some new products and they can be purchased for
"immediate delivery" has the business been taken over by someone else ??

flak monkey

posted on 4/1/08 at 08:03 AM Reply With Quote
LMAO

As usual there is some element of stirring, but I think Darren is fully set up in his new workshop now and properly up and running. Hopefully delivery times are going to improve with the move. Really GTS need to employ a receptionist or something to deal with customer enquiries. However this all increases overhead, and then has a knock on effect on prices.

You have previously said you have not been able to get in touch with Darren. Why not try phoning his mobile, its on his website. Make sure your number is not withheld (this also includes calling from a number behind an internal exchange (eg at work) and if you dont suceed first time, try again. I usually find early afternoon is a good time. He is difficult to get hold of at times, simply because he is busy, but you need to persevere as you will get hold of him eventually.

David

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

bonzoronnie

posted on 4/1/08 at 09:44 AM Reply With Quote
Contacting GTS

Call me old fasioned if you like

When I call a buisness during buisness hours to order goods or to make a general enquiry. I expect the phone to be answered.

If you cant get this aspect of your buisness right, what hope is there for the rest of your opps !!??

Has GTS got a landline yet ??, probably not !!

Ronnie

daviep

posted on 4/1/08 at 10:23 AM Reply With Quote
Boring
blueshift

posted on 4/1/08 at 10:24 AM Reply With Quote
Another day, another GTS contact thread.

hey ho.

flak monkey

posted on 4/1/08 at 10:30 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bonzoronnie

When I call a buisness during buisness hours to order goods or to make a general enquiry. I expect the phone to be answered.

If you had been down to the workshop, you would know the phone barely stops ringing all day. If GTS answered every call they wouldnt make anything, simple as that. Employ more people is the obvious solution, do that and your overheads go up.

Swings and round-a-bouts.

Weird I still dont have trouble getting hold of Darren, and never have.

I agree the constant GTS threads are boring and annoying. But people obviously cant be bothered to search, because if the did they wouldnt need to keep posting the same things over and over again.

Sera

thunderace

posted on 4/1/08 at 10:43 AM Reply With Quote
ARE YOU JOKING overheads go up

SO YOU NEED TO EMPLOY LESS PEOPLE
I HAVE NEVER HEARD SO MUCH BS IN MY LIFE
I NEED TO TELL MY STAFF THAT ONE.

quote:
Originally posted by flak monkey
quote:
Originally posted by bonzoronnie

If you had been down to the workshop, you would know the phone barely stops ringing all day. If GTS answered every call they wouldnt make anything, simple as that. Employ more people is the obvious solution, do that and your overheads go up.

Swings and round-a-bouts.

Weird I still dont have trouble getting hold of Darren, and never have.

I agree the constant GTS threads are boring and annoying. But people obviously cant be bothered to search, because if the did they wouldnt need to keep posting the same things over and over again.

worX

posted on 4/1/08 at 10:55 AM Reply With Quote
It seems strange to me that the OP would be on here for 2 months and make 5 posts all of which solely consist of GTS bashing/lack of contact.

If you have a problem with GTS then don't buy from them. I do not need to buy anything he is selling at the moment, but if I did, I would make a rational decision based on quality of product/price/possible delay, and then go ahead or most probably not.

Steve

flak monkey

posted on 4/1/08 at 01:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by thunderace
ARE YOU JOKING overheads go up

SO YOU NEED TO EMPLOY LESS PEOPLE
I HAVE NEVER HEARD SO MUCH BS IN MY LIFE
I NEED TO TELL MY STAFF THAT ONE.

STOP SHOUTING F&*KWIT!

You are so full of shite its unreal.

If you employ a person who does not directly produce anything in a company, i.e. works in an office, or just answers the phone, then your business overheads must go up as you have to then pay that persons wages, but they are not directly producing anything for the business (which is what generates the money for the business), therefore they are indirect labour. Any increase in indirect labour automatically increases your businesses overheads and therefore decreases profits.

Basic business. I pity anyone who works for you, especially if you dont understand something as basic as that.

[Edited on 4/1/08 by flak monkey]

Sera

alfasudsprint

posted on 4/1/08 at 01:28 PM Reply With Quote
No need to shout thunderace, but I agree! The bigger the opeartion, the smaller the overheads become as a percentage of turnover. basic stuff. Economies of scale also.
I still read these posts for a laugh.
cheers everyone
Tim

flak monkey

posted on 4/1/08 at 01:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by alfasudsprint
No need to shout thunderace, but I agree! The bigger the opeartion, the smaller the overheads become as a percentage of turnover. basic stuff. Economies of scale also.
I still read these posts for a laugh.
cheers everyone
Tim

Depends on the ratio of direct to indirect labour everything else being equal. Everyone currently working for GTS is direct labour, so produce product which can be sold and therefore covers their own wages. Employ a secretary then you have someone who is indirect labour, so everyone else is paying their wages but the company is not producing any more saleable product. Therefore income is the same, but outgoings have increased.

Entirely different situation if you employ direct labour, but only if you have the demand to efficiently use that increase in capacity.

David

[Edited on 4/1/08 by flak monkey]

Sera

andyps

posted on 4/1/08 at 01:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by flak monkeyIf you employ a person who does not directly produce anything in a company, i.e. works in an office, or just answers the phone, then your business overheads must go up as you have to then pay that persons wages, but they are not directly producing anything for the business (which is what generates the money for the business), therefore they are indirect labour. Any increase in indirect labour automatically increases your businesses overheads and therefore decreases profits.

Basic business.

That is one way of looking at basic business, but is a pretty good way to stand still, and most people realise that to stand still in business is to go backwards.

The reality is that if you have a phone which is ringing constantly to the extent that if you spent all your time answering it you would never get anything done you NEED to employ someone to answer that call, especially when a large number of people complain about poor service and never managing to get through on the phone (even if some people do manage to get through every time). The person answering the phone is then taking pressure off the person who is making things, enabling them to get on with the job they are supposed to be doing without distractions, therefore being more efficient. Meanwhile, the customer gets their call answered, the goods get produced and shipped out on time and the reputation of the business is good. People tell others it is good, further enquiries come in and at some stage the decision has to be made about increasing the workforce, and telephone answering workers, numbers to cope with the increasing demand.

That is good basic business. Alternative are not business.

Andy

An expert is someone who knows more and more about less and less

flak monkey

posted on 4/1/08 at 01:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by andyps
quote:
Originally posted by flak monkeyIf you employ a person who does not directly produce anything in a company, i.e. works in an office, or just answers the phone, then your business overheads must go up as you have to then pay that persons wages, but they are not directly producing anything for the business (which is what generates the money for the business), therefore they are indirect labour. Any increase in indirect labour automatically increases your businesses overheads and therefore decreases profits.

Basic business.

That is one way of looking at basic business, but is a pretty good way to stand still, and most people realise that to stand still in business is to go backwards.

The reality is that if you have a phone which is ringing constantly to the extent that if you spent all your time answering it you would never get anything done you NEED to employ someone to answer that call, especially when a large number of people complain about poor service and never managing to get through on the phone (even if some people do manage to get through every time). The person answering the phone is then taking pressure off the person who is making things, enabling them to get on with the job they are supposed to be doing without distractions, therefore being more efficient. Meanwhile, the customer gets their call answered, the goods get produced and shipped out on time and the reputation of the business is good. People tell others it is good, further enquiries come in and at some stage the decision has to be made about increasing the workforce, and telephone answering workers, numbers to cope with the increasing demand.

That is good basic business. Alternative are not business.

Agreed

Sera

davidosullivan

posted on 4/1/08 at 01:50 PM Reply With Quote
The same old thread

Just Skype'd darren, (who was away - as you'd expect) he got back to me in about 30 mins) and we had a chat about shocks. He was very helpful and gave me some very useful info. I've dealt with him in the past (unsuccessfuly) but am giving him another go (another year and all that).

So far, 10/10.

Interestingly, I've not heard back from my email to MK or Protech about shocks (2 days). So in this case Darren is winning.

I dont want to fuel the argument but as people have said before, people make mistakes/ are busy its not easy. but the bottom line is... if you don't like it go somewhere else.

Good luck to Darren and to everyone trying to fulfil their own dreams.

David

To insanity and beyond http://www.davidosullivan.co.uk

zoom

posted on 4/1/08 at 02:04 PM Reply With Quote
Don't stop now as i've just got the popcorn.

mycar
mybuildsite

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bonzoronnie

posted on 4/1/08 at 03:18 PM Reply With Quote
Buisness economics

It's nice to know a few people have grasp on basic buisness econimics & buisness strategy

I agree with most of what has been said.

You simply cannot expect to run a medium sized buisness with no admin staff

I agree with the comments about Protech.
Very poor customer service.
2 weeks to answer a price query.

Dampertech however 24 hrs from enquiry to delivery. Great service

Ronnie

scotty g

posted on 4/1/08 at 04:09 PM Reply With Quote
Quite right, you cannot run a medium sized bussiness without admin staff however Darren is not running a medium sized bussiness but a small one with himself and only 2 employees.
I have been in that position and the decision on whether to take on a secretary/receptionist, call it what you will, is a very difficult one to make. I ws lucky in that i had a girlfriend that only worked part time so she would answer the phones and take messages when i was out working but Darren might not have that option.
Cheers.

designer

posted on 20/1/08 at 03:31 PM Reply With Quote
It seems obvious that if he employed someone to answered the phone, sales will rise and more profit made.

I did, and now I'm sat back having a great life!!!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
tks

posted on 8/5/08 at 11:00 PM Reply With Quote
i wish my phone rang all day about orders and deliveries and payments...

that would be nice!! its the sign of a working buisness...

not answering suchs calls is the same as killing your own buisness.....

now a days you must be stupid to order from them knowing that you might not get it on time....

who wants to wait allot of time on parts???

i dont..

The above comments are always meant to be from the above persons perspective.

Jon Ison

posted on 9/5/08 at 05:23 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by flak monkey[

If you had been down to the workshop, you would know the phone barely stops ringing all day. If GTS answered every call they wouldnt make anything, simple as that.

I know its an old thread but it seems to have reared its head again, the above is a recipe for failure, end of.
You really telling me a business that I guess relies on what ? Conservatively 50% of business via phone chooses to ignore it and let it ring out ? Wouldn't last long with Alan sugar that idea ?

Darren, if your reading this your number one priority Is customer service/satisfaction, you will never please all the people all the time but It might be a good idea to please a few now and again.

DarrenW

posted on 9/5/08 at 11:22 AM Reply With Quote
The phone may ring all day but how many of the calls are different people?

Jon Ison

posted on 9/5/08 at 12:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DarrenW
The phone may ring all day but how many of the calls are different people?

Come on Darren, I know what you do for a living, would you ignore the phone ?

I'm talking any business here not aimed specifically at the thread title.

DarrenW

posted on 9/5/08 at 03:44 PM Reply With Quote
You are right Jon, 100% no question. You never ignore the chance to make some money and enhance customer service.

My comment was a bit tongue in cheek. Maybe its the same person that is desperate to get in touch so keeps redialling!

jay taylor

posted on 22/6/08 at 08:05 PM Reply With Quote
receptionist equals more orders, inquiries and complaints sorted out which increases money income dont see why this would be a problem
slimtater

posted on 2/7/08 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
Have GTS gone out of business? I ordered some bits and haven't had them, a refund or any reply from "Darren". The website address no longer works either.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.