posted on 10/1/08 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
North Wales Speeding Detection

CSO's are being given Speed Guns in North Wales
Could be adopted by other areas if it works out

News on Pistonheads:

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=17432

oadamo

posted on 10/1/08 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote
i drove past 2 in my rs you would have thought id just run someone over the way they looked at me. so i gave them the finger
adam

stevec

posted on 10/1/08 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote
What's a CSO?
Steve.

JoelP

posted on 10/1/08 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
community support officer
stevec

posted on 10/1/08 at 08:59 PM Reply With Quote
Ah, part time pig.
Dangle_kt

posted on 10/1/08 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
I just hope Highways officers never get them, or I'll be screwed!

I've got better at spotting it written on their bumper, but the other day I saw they have shrunk the lettering to about an inch high so you can't spot it from a mile off and cruise past int he outside lane.

TGR-ECOSSE

posted on 10/1/08 at 09:55 PM Reply With Quote
Why worry about it? Don't speed!!

pjavon

posted on 10/1/08 at 10:48 PM Reply With Quote
Great North Wales Police spending the silly amounts of money they take off us on all the important things AGAIN.
I actually seen 2 police walking the streets the other day, the first time in years, all you ever normally see is police cars driving around.
North Wales Police really do have there priorities wrong. I have been stopped by them on a few occasions with them loosing my paper work once and me having to go to a solicitor to sort it out. I had done nothing wrong but they lost the forms from me producing my documents and then wanted to take me to court, it took about 8 months before they dropped it. Yet when my car got broken into outside my house they didn't even want to come out to it, they told me i could have the incident number for the insurance over the phone
i don't blame the police on the streets, it's the idiots at the top that need sorting out.
Paul

Always keep a big hammer and a condom in your toolbox, if you can't fix it with the hammer

mistergrumpy

posted on 10/1/08 at 11:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Ah, part time pig.

Nope full time fully paid. You're nearly there

MK Charlie

posted on 11/1/08 at 02:50 AM Reply With Quote
Rent-a-Cop's as I like to see them. Loads where I live and they all forget that they are just CSO's all the time.
During the summer I was parked up in my Indy talking to a mate next to me and some CSO's came over and were showing a lot of interest in my car. One of the bright sparks pointed out that I'm fairly young (20) to own "a car like this" and then asked me if I had declared the engine mods to my insurance company. To which I told him to get in his pretend police car and drive away.
I personally think they are a waste of money as they have very little power to do anything.

farmer.palmer

posted on 11/1/08 at 08:15 AM Reply With Quote
Does anyone find the use of the word 'pig' in this forum offensive?

just interested....

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

DaveFJ

posted on 11/1/08 at 08:38 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by farmer.palmer

just interested....

Not nearly offensive enough.. the bunch of .....

Dave

"In Support of Help the Heroes" - Always

David Jenkins

posted on 11/1/08 at 09:02 AM Reply With Quote
If you've ever met a real pig - I mean the ones that go oink, live in a sty, produce piglets and pork (eventually) - you'd realise that they're as intelligent and as friendly as a good dog.

Not an insult at all!

And I'm in the school that says "If you don't like being caught for speeding, don't speed". I'm not the slowest driver around, by quite a long way, but if I get caught (and if I was actually speeding at the time) then I'll take the penalty without whingeing.

If anyone wants something to complain about, an unfair speed limit for example, then go and berate your local councillor, MP, or whoever. Don't complain to the police 'cos they just enforce the law (and get moaned at if they don't).

David

[Edited on 11/1/08 by David Jenkins]

coozer

posted on 11/1/08 at 09:02 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

just interested....

yes, I think its derogatory to porky who supply's us with nice bacon.

I'd rather call them 'scum' or 'b*st*rds' to be honest. Either way they are not to be trusted.

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

DaveFJ

posted on 11/1/08 at 09:09 AM Reply With Quote
I was caught doing 80 on an empty dual; carriageway at night.... car cam roaring up behind me and sat on my arse hassling me. followed me for about 2 miles at 80mph and about 15' from my rear bumper. I was about to say 'sod this' and get out of there when he put on his blue lights...

I made a complaint about the officer but paid the fine anyway. Never did hear anything back about the complaint....

I honestly think he was trying to goad me into speeding faster so he could nick me...

As I said, bunch of ......

Dave

blueshift

posted on 11/1/08 at 09:51 AM Reply With Quote
I doubt I'll get much agreement but I for one don't have much against the police. They aren't paid highly for the hard work and mixed up shifts they do, they have to deal with all this abuse from the public..

Sure there are some bad ones out there, like with many things it's those that people talk about and remember, but there are plenty of good ones out there just doing it right.

mistergrumpy

posted on 11/1/08 at 10:31 AM Reply With Quote
Blah blah. Same argument that we've had before with everyone whingeing about nowt. You'll only be caught for speeding if you are actually speeding and if you feel a car is forcing you to speed then try slowing down and having the backbone not to be pushed around. Take responsibility for your actions.

tks

posted on 11/1/08 at 10:37 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins
And I'm in the school that says "If you don't like being caught for speeding, don't speed". I'm not the slowest driver around, by quite a long way, but if I get caught (and if I was actually speeding at the time) then I'll take the penalty without whingeing.

If anyone wants something to complain about, an unfair speed limit for example, then go and berate your local councillor, MP, or whoever. Don't complain to the police 'cos they just enforce the law (and get moaned at if they don't).

David

[Edited on 11/1/08 by David Jenkins]

100% my thoughts...

I think its not good/correct. To call them anything than police officers.

They try to help you in the end.

WE/YOU all know that speeding isn't allowed and that if you get cought you are fined. WE KNOW its the game between the rat and the cat.

sow i think who offences them aren't with both legs on the ground.

join them, after that we will talk about it again.

Also many people who call them a pig only do so when they are fined/cought.
When they see anyother person being fined/cought they call it judgement.

Speeding is a game for the gentleman.
If you get cought don't moan and just pay.
If you don't have a nice day, but realise that next time it could be your turn.

I'm glad that there is police else there would be allot of pigs on the street!

Tks

The above comments are always meant to be from the above persons perspective.

DaveFJ

posted on 11/1/08 at 10:56 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mistergrumpy
Blah blah. Same argument that we've had before with everyone whingeing about nowt. You'll only be caught for speeding if you are actually speeding and if you feel a car is forcing you to speed then try slowing down and having the backbone not to be pushed around. Take responsibility for your actions.

spoken like someone who has never been run off the road/nearly killed by a 'road rage' driver.... (somersaulted car off motorway and landed 30 yards down embankment - caused by BMW driver overtaking on inside,cutting me up and slamming on brakes!) that sort of thing makes you more wary of these sorts of people!

Dave

brynhamlet

posted on 11/1/08 at 11:27 AM Reply With Quote
Highway officers cars are black and yellow
Traffic cops cars are blue and yellow, so you don't need to see the label

tom_loughlin

posted on 11/1/08 at 12:54 PM Reply With Quote
I find the attitude of most of the coppers round here far more offensive than any of the words I have heard them called!
They are rapidly losing what respect I once had for them!

Confused but excited.

posted on 11/1/08 at 01:00 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

just interested....

I find any kind of bigotry offensive.
They are just ordinary guys - in the main - doing a pretty thankless task and like any large group of people you get some really good guys, a majority who see it as a job with good wages and do the required minimum and a few scum bags who are on a power trip.
You cannot tar everyone with the same brush, unless they are French.

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

JoelP

posted on 11/1/08 at 08:58 PM Reply With Quote
i think they must have a lot of patience anyway, some of the scum they encounter on the cop shows id be stabbing before too many words had passed...

Laws are laws, you choose to follow them or choose to break them.

It is a shame that there are so few and so many crimes to deal with though, this country needs to be firm on crime if society is to survive intact. I think some scumniks think that 'minor' crimes like nicking someones milk or littering someones garden are not going to be investigated - police should pick minor offenses at random and go medieval on them, so that no one can commit a crime knowing it wont be investigated.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.