Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: New British Midi.........
JC

posted on 21/1/08 at 03:16 PM Reply With Quote
New British Midi.........

.......no, its the Strathcarron. Again! I do hope that the current owners have more success with it. Is it my imagination, or was the Marlin 5Exi developed from the original strathcarron moulds?

http://www.mmisportscars.co.uk/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
designer

posted on 21/1/08 at 03:43 PM Reply With Quote
I want to ask the same question!!

The Strathcarron became the Javan R1, officially, are the Marlin 5Exi and this one copies?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
grandad

posted on 21/1/08 at 06:24 PM Reply With Quote
not sure i would want the AVOCET 150!!!
according to the tech details its got 14bhp!!!

Guinness

posted on 21/1/08 at 07:21 PM Reply With Quote
I really liked the look of the 5Exi when I saw it, but I'm afraid for a 2 seat middy, I couldn't see the point of building one, when a second hand Elise would handle better / hold it's value better etc, for a similar overall cost.

I can see even less point in spending £25k on a middy (unless it significantly out-performed a production middy).

I think the Strathcannon / 5EXi have "very" similar bodyshells, but the chassis are different. I think the 5Exi was tubular and the Strath was honeycomb ally?

Cheers

Mike

..::Nightfire::..

posted on 22/1/08 at 10:00 PM Reply With Quote
Saw this in the flesh at the Autosport show at the NEC. Looked familiar. I can see where the money goes but not sure that there will ever be a market for assembled kit cars.

As Guinness said, a second hand Elise would be better

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.