Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Windscreen Wiper Position
Black Cat

posted on 27/1/08 at 02:02 PM Reply With Quote
Windscreen Wiper Position

Right, I'am about to drill the holes for the wheelboxes for the windscreen wipers.

As the information in the Tiger Avon Book is limited, I need to know the position of the holes.

Can some one provide me with the distance the holes need to be drilled from the windscreen and the distance apart they need to be.

The wipers will park on the drivers side and I want them to be positioned central on the car.

Steve

Schrodinger

posted on 27/1/08 at 02:40 PM Reply With Quote
You will need to check how long they can be so that they don't go over the top of the screen and then position them as far to the drivers side as possible in order to give you the max wipe on the drivers side.
Hope that makes sense.

Keith
Aviemore

Black Cat

posted on 27/1/08 at 03:01 PM Reply With Quote
Yes that what I thought, But I will need to cut the wiper blades and the arms down to suit and If I had the wheelbox hole positions that others had used and it works then I could drill my holes, set the wheelboxes and cut the arms and blades to suit.

So anybody got the dimensions please?

Rudy

posted on 27/1/08 at 05:31 PM Reply With Quote
My blade is 8", and arms is shortened, I shortened it myself, it is quit simple. You do not need the misure, you have to try it yourself becouse it is very simpy to do it wrong, however as discussed in the past here some pictures. Thanks Rudy
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=73743

Sorry about my English

Black Cat

posted on 28/1/08 at 11:01 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Rudy and Schrodinger

OK then, it seems that I'll have to work back from the wiper blades, the arms then cut the holes.

My blades are currently 10" long and I note that 8" one are mentioned several times in this forum but when I measured the maxium possible length of wiper blade it seems that a 9" blade will fit, the question is will they work without fouling anthing or am I being a little over optimistic in my length. If you know what I mean.

Steve

Rudy

posted on 29/1/08 at 07:15 AM Reply With Quote
8" seems to work fine, if you think 9" maybe you are optimistic.
Have you got genuine Tiger windscreen? I have tiger screen but I will make a taller windscreen, becouse my eyes are at the level of aly windscreen frame .

Sorry about my English

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.