Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Things are looking up
CraigJ

posted on 8/2/08 at 01:24 AM Reply With Quote
Things are looking up

I posted on here a month or two ago asking advice on how to go about getting a job as a mechanic as i didnt have the paper work to back up what i can do.....

Well got talking to Ian at a garage i always take my cars to for the MOT's. He's giving me a chance, im in tomorrow to do some work for him so he can see i know what im doing. He's offered to put me through my NVQ level 3 and also going to nominate me so i can go do the MOT testing course.

Well im chuffed to bits that im finally going to do the job for a living that ive being trying to get into for the past 8 years since i left school.

Just thought id let you all know lol.

Craig.

Mr Whippy

posted on 8/2/08 at 01:28 AM Reply With Quote
I remember that, well done but if you don't go to bed soon you fall asleep on the job

good luck

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Puk

posted on 8/2/08 at 05:38 AM Reply With Quote
Get up get up , its time to go to work!

Before you judge a guy, walk a mile in his shoes. Then when you judge him, you're a mile a way and you've nicked his shoes.

eznfrank

posted on 8/2/08 at 06:09 AM Reply With Quote
Congratulations mate - well done.
TGR-ECOSSE

posted on 8/2/08 at 06:40 AM Reply With Quote
Well done hope you enjoy it. I am just getting back to being on the tools myself part time. My mates garage is realy busy so when i finish work at 2 i am going there and working till whenever. I am abosutely knackered but loving it and i get to drive the recovery truck

[Edited on 8/2/08 by TGR-ECOSSE]

donut

posted on 8/2/08 at 07:01 AM Reply With Quote
Best of luck mate, sounds like the chance of your lifetime!

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
CraigJ

posted on 8/2/08 at 08:23 AM Reply With Quote
Cheers for the comments guys just about to set off. looking forward to it.

tegwin

posted on 8/2/08 at 10:11 AM Reply With Quote
Fair play....Conrratulations mate....Really well deserved!
Agriv8

posted on 8/2/08 at 11:34 AM Reply With Quote
Make sure you make the boss a cup of tea / coffee when requested if you are making a brew always offer to make him one.

IT's the job of the newest member of staff usually so don't complain and just do it.

If you are borrowing tool's take care of them and ensure you return them ASAP to where you got them from.

Oh and dont be afraid to ask for advice ( we all start out in life knowing nowt )

Good luck

Agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

chunkytfg

posted on 8/2/08 at 11:46 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Agriv8
Make sure you make the boss a cup of tea / coffee when requested if you are making a brew always offer to make him one.

IT's the job of the newest member of staff usually so don't complain and just do it.

If you are borrowing tool's take care of them and ensure you return them ASAP to where you got them from.

bOh and dont be afraid to ask for advice ( we all start out in life knowing nowt )

Good luck

Agriv8

But rmember you are supposed to know what you are doing so questions such as 'Whats a sump plug?' are probably not worth asking!!!!

Good luck though!

[Edited on 8/2/08 by chunkytfg]

CraigJ

posted on 8/2/08 at 07:26 PM Reply With Quote
Well just got in, been a good day, started by replacing a fuel rail on an astra then a service on an Impreza then been working on a Z3 the rest of the day.

The good news he wants me back to do another day or 2 when he can to see me do sum other jobs first but all being well he is taking me on.

Im very happy.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.