Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MS Injector order - HELP
DaveFJ

posted on 9/2/08 at 09:00 PM Reply With Quote
MS Injector order - HELP

Help! just tryin to wire in my injectors and want to confirm the wirinf before i commit myself!

The MS has 1 wire per pair of injectors....

so on my Pinto which cylinders are connected together?

At the moment I am thinking 1&4 and 2&3 ???

also does it matter which MS wire goes to which pair ???

cheers fellas

[Edited on 9-2-08 by DaveFJ]

Dave

"In Support of Help the Heroes" - Always

graememk

posted on 9/2/08 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
i have mine wired as 1/2 and 3/4

as far as i gather it dosnt matter which way around you wire them but i always follow the diogram myself and mine works ok ish

rusty nuts

posted on 9/2/08 at 09:32 PM Reply With Quote
A lot of production cars are "batch " fired, very few are sequentially fired My Emerald ECU is set up to open injectors 1&4 and 2&3 , same with ignition.
DaveFJ

posted on 10/2/08 at 12:54 PM Reply With Quote
this has been friving me round the twist but i think i have now convinced myself that the correct banks are 1&4 and 2&3 same as the ignition.....

here is my logic:

the pinto crank has cylinders 1&4 opposed to 2&3

the firing order is 1342

therefore if i = ignition, c= compression f =inlet and x = exhaust strokes we get the following sequence

stroke 1, i x c f
stroke 2, x f i c
stroke 3, f c x i
stroke 4, c i f x

so linking 1&4 and 2&3 means that all injectors fire once on the inlet stroke and once during ignition.

thinking through the alternative setups i can see no way of having the injectors firing in a consistent way across all cylinders..

SO... have i missed something? there seems to be a lot of different opinions about this some saying it doesnt matter how you do it!

think i need a lie down now...

Dave

omega 24 v6

posted on 10/2/08 at 01:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

so linking 1&4 and 2&3 means that all injectors fire once on the inlet stroke and once during ignition

I'd have thought they should fire once on the exhaust stroke and once on the inlet stroke. It seems more sensible but I may be wrong.

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

DaveFJ

posted on 10/2/08 at 01:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by omega 24 v6
quote:

so linking 1&4 and 2&3 means that all injectors fire once on the inlet stroke and once during ignition

I'd have thought they should fire once on the exhaust stroke and once on the inlet stroke. It seems more sensible but I may be wrong.

thats what i thought but i can't see a way of connecting the 2 banks to achieve that acoss all cylinders...?

Dave

rusty nuts

posted on 10/2/08 at 01:55 PM Reply With Quote
Bosch K Jetronic as used in the original GTI etc was continuous as the injectors are opened by pressure rather than an ECU firing them. Doesn't make a great deal of difference when they are fired unlike ignition.
Schrodinger

posted on 10/2/08 at 10:55 PM Reply With Quote
On the Emerald in my old cat they all fired together.
The only time the fuel can get into the engine is when the inlet valve opens so it doesn't matter which stroke the engine is on when the injectors fire.

Keith
Aviemore

DaveFJ

posted on 11/2/08 at 08:26 AM Reply With Quote
that's great, cheers everyone....

you know how it is - the simplest questions sometimes catch you out so thought I would check.

I am going with 1&4 and 2&3 just so the fuel delivery is identical on all cylinders.

now just got to get some rubbers to join my TBs to my manifold and a suitable tap for my water temp sender and I should be ready for the first attempt at a start!!!!

Dave

Jenko

posted on 11/2/08 at 11:25 AM Reply With Quote
Just to confirm - Having been through the same process of headscratching on this subject - It reall does seem like it makes no difference at all which pairs your fire - I still don't full yunderstand why, but have even read it in the Dave Walkers book - so who am I to argue - FYI, I wired my CVH up 1 and 4, 2 and 3.

Are you using the esisting manifold for the TB's?.....What rubbers are you planning to use?....This was another difficult part of build...I ended up getting some made up from Altiss.....

PJ.

DaveFJ

posted on 11/2/08 at 11:37 AM Reply With Quote
I have a nice shiny ally manifold for my Pinto but i need to drill and tap a hole in the middle for my water temp sensor and I need to get hold of some suitable rubber tubes to connect it with... intial research seems to indicate that i should look for the original rubbers used on a GSXR......

Also hunting for some slim jubilee clips... anyone know a source for them?

Dave

Jenko

posted on 13/2/08 at 01:50 PM Reply With Quote
I've used some Silicone hose - and big fat jubilee clips.....I know silicone is not designed for fuel - but it's exposure is very small....If this doesn't work out, then I'll use the GSXR 600 air box rubbers to connect to the manifold.
chriscook

posted on 13/2/08 at 05:55 PM Reply With Quote
It does seem to make a difference to throttle response for some engines/inlets which way they are wired. Have a look on the msefi forums for posts by Jim on injector wiring.
paulf

posted on 13/2/08 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
Try a hydraulics supplier, they will be able to supply tubing and the narrow jubilee clips.
Paul.
quote:
Originally posted by DaveFJ
I have a nice shiny ally manifold for my Pinto but i need to drill and tap a hole in the middle for my water temp sensor and I need to get hold of some suitable rubber tubes to connect it with... intial research seems to indicate that i should look for the original rubbers used on a GSXR......

Also hunting for some slim jubilee clips... anyone know a source for them?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.