Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Vauxhall engine dating letter
striker16v

posted on 22/2/08 at 07:34 AM Reply With Quote
Vauxhall engine dating letter

Hi all,

Has anyone succsesfully received a engine dating letter from vauxhall?

Im at the end of my Striker build and have already contacted Vauxhall and sent a cheque off, but have never had a response (they have never cashed the cheque either). I've tried contacting them again with little joy or assistance in the information they require to provide a letter.

any help or information would be gratefully received

Will

strikerxe

posted on 22/2/08 at 12:58 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

Another good choice of engine for the Striker I received an engine dating letter from Vauxhall, about 3 years ago, chaps name was Jonathan Bell IIRC . Might still have his phone number somewhere .

John

striker16v

posted on 22/2/08 at 02:36 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

Just so happen's i've had a reply from vauxhall today (jonathan Bell). Price of engine dating letter has gone upto £70

They require the full 8 digit engine number and code. Slight problem in that the last digit on my engine is damaged!

It's a C16XE so it's pre 95 just, and although I proberly could get it to run lean enough for sva i'd like to give my self a chance of passing emissions.

I could restamp a number on the block and hope it matches to vauxhall's computer system, what do you think?

Will

strikerxe

posted on 22/2/08 at 03:52 PM Reply With Quote
Blimey thats gone up

Have you got the V5 for the car the engine came from ? Would that not do as proof of age ? V5 should also have the correct engine number on it .

John

NS Dev

posted on 22/2/08 at 06:57 PM Reply With Quote
Ah another XE in leicestershire then!!

Mines the 2.0 but 1600 a good choice too, better power to weight of engine.

I never used a letter from vauxhall, I used the engine donor's V5 as proof. For £70 you'd about get a dead astra

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

chriscook

posted on 22/2/08 at 07:09 PM Reply With Quote
I have a very knackered c20xe block but for which I also have a nice letter from Vauxhall confirming it was made in 1990 if anyone is interested.....
striker16v

posted on 22/2/08 at 07:28 PM Reply With Quote
made the fatal mistake of buying it from a scrap yard, so no V5. All I know is it came out of a corsa GSI.

Its been stripped and rebuilt by exon race engine's, running throttle bodies and DTA

SVA is the final hurdle

Will

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.