Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: BATTERY SIZE
M HIGGS

posted on 22/2/08 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
BATTERY SIZE

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT SIZE BATTERY WILL BE OK WITH A 2.0LT PINTO ENGINE THAT IS HOW MANY AMP HOURS WOULD BE REQUIRED FOR COLD STARTING
james h

posted on 22/2/08 at 07:07 PM Reply With Quote
NO NEED FOR SHOUTING!!
Paul TigerB6

posted on 22/2/08 at 07:23 PM Reply With Quote
I just bought an Odyssey PC545 for a 2L Pinto which is 12 / 14Ah capacity. I think its the cranking current you really need to look at with a kitcar with minimal electrics rather than the overall capacity.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BRAND-NEW-Odyssey-PC545-Race-Battery-Boxed_W0QQitemZ220204845840QQihZ012QQcategoryZ72205QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem />
Plenty of people on here use these.

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=82237&page=2

[Edited on 22/2/08 by Paul TigerB6]

zoom

posted on 22/2/08 at 07:28 PM Reply With Quote
Hi
Most petrol sierra's had a 45 or 47 amp battery so a type 063 or if you want to go a little larger a type 065 will do.
With so little electrics on a locost (no heated screens,heated seats, etc) I think a 063 (45ah) would do.
Hope this helps

mycar
mybuildsite

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
RazMan

posted on 23/2/08 at 04:40 AM Reply With Quote
As Paul said, you only need to look at the cranking current and therefore you can get a really small gel type battery which is more like a bike battery. My little Odysey has no problem starting my V6 despite being 'fully loaded' with cd system, heater, interior lights etc.

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Krismc

posted on 25/2/08 at 02:03 PM Reply With Quote
i bought a oddesy pc630 its tiny but powerful and was only £65

Built, Ivaed, Drove and now Sold - 2011 MNR VORTX RT+ 2000cc Zetec on R1 Throttle boddies.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.