Guinness

posted on 1/4/08 at 02:25 PM Reply With Quote
Speeding Copper on Youtube

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/suffolk/7324372.stm

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf3xGgF1h0M&NR=1

Mike

Dangle_kt

posted on 1/4/08 at 02:37 PM Reply With Quote
Have you read some of the comments on the youtube clip?

"Track him down and sack him!" Is one.

WHY? So he is going fast, wupp di do!

Its all this anti speed hype which everyone has been sucked into that means that we'll end up with an average speed camera set up on every motorway soon.

If he was responding to an emergency then whats all the fuss about? I'd prefer he drove a bit quick if it was me getting knifed. Patrol cars regularly speed up behind me in the fast lane.

As to not being able to concentrate when someone is filming next to you... what a joke, we watch experts on tele all the time are they "put off"? NOPE.

I think this movie proves something, speed DOES NOT KILL. Inappropriate speed does.

Not having a go at poster, just at the knee jerk reactions stoked by anti speed "charities".

blakep82

posted on 1/4/08 at 02:48 PM Reply With Quote
not sure what the problem is really... its a clip of the police doing what they do. the copper in the passenger seat was filming, so there's nothing wrong there.

nothing worse than what you see on 'road wars' on sky 1 every night. in fact what you see on sky wars is often worse like the one where some smelly drunk man smashed a window to a pub and then keeps trying to get in the police car, but they don't want him in, so one of the coppers slams him against the car, bangs his head on the car window and knocks him out cold.

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Mr Whippy

posted on 1/4/08 at 02:50 PM Reply With Quote
Speeding Cop?

How can he be speeding if the sirens on? isn't that the whole point of having them??

hasn't anyone seen 'police camera action'?

one hell of a daft topic this, what's next - 'Shock! Ambulance breaks 70 responding to accident!!!' - sack em!!!!

just remembered the date...

[Edited on 1/4/08 by Mr Whippy]

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
worX

posted on 1/4/08 at 02:58 PM Reply With Quote
I don't agree with the pathetic "sack him" comments at all, but I don't think it's entirely appropriate for it to be posted in such a manner.

Especially when you read the sensationalistic tag line:
An emergency Run in the summer of 2007 westbound A14 from the Orwell Bridge near Ipswich United Kingdom to Claydon in less than 5 minutes.

And hear the laughing and whistling in the background.

Steve

ETA - I have no opinion on him speeding at all - whether it was for his job or not - no-one died, so it's a "no blood, no foul" from me

[Edited on 1/4/08 by worX]

Dangle_kt

posted on 1/4/08 at 03:00 PM Reply With Quote
Its posted after 12, april fools is only the morning is I remember right.

I think the poster was putting it up to show what ridiculous stuff gets in the news these days when people are regularly mugged and assaulted with no mention by the national press.

Well thats why I'd post it anyway.

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
Speeding Cop?

How can he be speeding if the sirens on? isn't that the whole point of having them??

hasn't anyone seen 'police camera action'?

one hell of a daft topic this, what's next - 'Shock! Ambulance breaks 70 responding to accident!!!' - sack em!!!!

just remembered the date...

[Edited on 1/4/08 by Mr Whippy]

Guinness

posted on 1/4/08 at 03:13 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry, just thought it was interesting TBH!

Note the absolute lack of comment in my original post!

IMHO the video shows a policeman doing his job, rushing to get to an emergency, and as Dangley says, if it was me being stabbed or robbed, I'd want them to respond pretty sharpish.

However there are two problems as I see it. Firstly the BBC's reporting of it surprises me! Sensationalism, reactionary spring to mind.

Secondly, it does throw into question what the passenger was doing having a video camera in the car? Along for the ride by the sounds of things.

I'd also want to be absolutely certain that it was a genuine emergency call and that they were actually required to respond to it. I know rural policing is light on the ground, but they must have covered about 9 miles to get to the incident? In 5 minutes, that makes an average of 105mph. Were they really the closest officers? Looks a bit like they heard a shout on the other side of town and decided to hoon around the bypass to see if they could help.

Like I say, I only posted it cause this is a car forum, and speeding comes up as a topic quite often, along with people posting clips on youtube of themselves!

Obviously I didn't post any of the comments on youtube.

Sorry if I have offended anyone.

Mike

worX

posted on 1/4/08 at 03:17 PM Reply With Quote
Just to clarify - When I put "posted" I didn't mean you at all!

I think Yours is a good post, I meant that coppers posting it on youtube, wasn't necessarily done in the true way that should be expected of the proffessionalism of the police in this country...

No offence meant (or taken!) by me, thats for sure

Steve

[Edited on 1/4/08 by worX]

Griffo

posted on 1/4/08 at 03:25 PM Reply With Quote
I cant quite work out what the policeman filming was trying to achieve by posting it but there is certainly nothing wrong with the police speeding when on the way to an emergency. they are not glamorizing speed, by the looks of it they are not traveling that fast.

what i do have a problem with is police speeding with out lights or sirens on. about a week ago a Volvo T5 estate police car passed me at night in the outside lane at 130+mph with no lights or sirens on. I hardly saw him coming in my rear view mirror and at that sort of speed is dangerous even with the warning lights on.

eznfrank

posted on 1/4/08 at 03:26 PM Reply With Quote
Why is this being made into such a big deal by the press etc? Have they never heard of shows like Police, Camera, Action or Cops with cameras or whatever it's called - what's the difference? It's just a different media format surely?

Who cares?

coozer

posted on 1/4/08 at 03:31 PM Reply With Quote
Do as I say not as I do. Stinks

Anyway I don't have a problem with speeding at all... a long as it's in the right place at the right time.

[Edited on 1/4/08 by coozer]

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

charlierevell

posted on 1/4/08 at 03:43 PM Reply With Quote
I suppose some chav may see it as a challenege tho due to the places and times being put up there....

Tango orange is an 'IN' colour!!

Rek

posted on 1/4/08 at 05:03 PM Reply With Quote
take a look at this vid

I thought it was sped up at first, but later when it rains they put the wipers on

Linky

JoelP

posted on 1/4/08 at 05:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rek
take a look at this vid

I thought it was sped up at first, but later when it rains they put the wipers on

Linky

you know that guy has a kick in the nuts waiting for him when he finally gets caught!

Neil P

posted on 1/4/08 at 06:05 PM Reply With Quote
The original clip appears to have been removed. How fast were they going?

I like the fact that the BBC, being so outraged by the incident, reporting the view that it is a really bad example to everyone and irresponsibly glamourising speed felt the need to post a direct link to the clip as part of their story!

David Jenkins

posted on 1/4/08 at 07:42 PM Reply With Quote
What actually happened (allegedly)

LINK

Schrodinger

posted on 1/4/08 at 07:54 PM Reply With Quote
There used to be an A&E consultant in the same area who was supplied with a fast car with a green light to allow him to get to RTAs quickly and help out, unfortunately, he managed to write of the car and a refuse wagon on one occassion in response.

[Edited on 1/4/08 by Schrodinger]

Keith
Aviemore

gazza285

posted on 2/4/08 at 05:28 AM Reply With Quote
Load of stuff on Pistoheads about this, as in the link David posted the filming was not done by Plod but by a doctor, in plod car on route to an incident. Brake are fruitloops.

DO NOT PUT ON KNOB OR BOLLOCKS!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.