Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Cad Drawings for LMP body
Kaspa

posted on 2/4/08 at 08:20 AM Reply With Quote
Cad Drawings for LMP body

just a couple of things guys.
thanks to all who have sent me a message regarding same, requesting a copy of the drawings.
well firstly you will have to wait untill i get some more Ram into this thing so i can download them properly, i installed Design works and it killed the poor thing, had to remove it again
secondly when i can, i will post a couple of body profile nest snap shot pics, similar to the chassis pic i have already posted elswhere, so you can get an idea of what the quailty is like, but i can assure you its top notch, full size , done with Design Cad, and if any one is interested in purchasing same i will post a copy to them on disc for a reasonable donation the the toy money fund.
i must plead ignorant as to there value as i bought them as part of the package with the car, but the disc contains not only the body drawings including both front and rear under tray and diffuser, but also the chassis and every bracket nut bolt etc on the car including complete drawings for all the uprights, adustable sway bars, all suspension components, pedal box etc, you name it its there
the only thing missing is the rear shock mountings and push rod bell crank mounts, but the designer is doing those for me in the next couple of weeks.
cheers Kaspa

[Edited on 2/4/08 by Kaspa]

understeer= when you hit the wall front first
oversteer=when you hit the wall back first
HP= how fast you hit the wall
Torque= how far the wall moves when you hit it

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
SeaBass

posted on 2/4/08 at 08:30 AM Reply With Quote
So lets get this right...

Your offering to sell on CD copies of the CAD models for this...

A Porsche WSC95 Le Mans Car?

Have you purchased the rights to this car?

Kaspa

posted on 2/4/08 at 08:39 AM Reply With Quote
a space framed replica of it yes, so i dont think the rights of anyone are being violated,
Kaspa

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
blakep82

posted on 2/4/08 at 08:49 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kaspa
a space framed replica of it yes, so i dont think the rights of anyone are being violated,
Kaspa

i think they might be...

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Kaspa

posted on 2/4/08 at 08:58 AM Reply With Quote
i think they might be...

if that were the case then there are a lot of LO Cost builders out there violating, as well as god knows how many other replicas of various makes and models, that have been copied over the years.

what i have is purely a replica and is in no way an exact copy of the original, which was monocoque, this is space framed.
hell a good freind of mine races a copy of a Lola T 212 he built himself and we have two home built Radical copies running in our class, as well as a couple of Mallock copies, pluss we also have an almost exact copy of a F40 powered by a lexus V8 that races out here, and no ones been sued as yet to my knowledge.
i feel pretty comfortable
Kaspa

Mr Whippy

posted on 2/4/08 at 09:10 AM Reply With Quote
you can build replica's of anything all you want, so long as they are always sold as such. That's what p!sses Ferrari off, when someone claims their replica as a Ferrari and so they sue the ass off them. Say its not real and your fine, only a breach in copyright if you claim its something its not.

[Edited on 2/4/08 by Mr Whippy]

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

Kaspa

posted on 2/4/08 at 09:23 AM Reply With Quote
Thank you sir you are so right, i no Grant who built the F40 replica had a couple of letters from Milano but as he has called it The Silloette and not a Ferrari theres stuff all they can do
and as you can see i have named our reproduction a Stanton WSC which in no way compromises the name of the original. its only a look alike after all.
they should be flattered.
and also i'm not selling the disc, meerly asking for donations to my favourite charity, for a copy of someones enormous time and effort in creating the said disc.
i dont think thats a crime
Kaspa

SeaBass

posted on 2/4/08 at 09:29 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
donations to my favourite charity, for a copy of someones enormous time and effort in creating the said disc.
i dont think thats a crime
Kaspa

Favourite charity being you? Is this a commercial business? Trader status etc.

Is the person working on the drawings for you aware you flogging them?

dl_peabody

posted on 2/4/08 at 09:30 AM Reply With Quote
Why is everyone so quick to bust a guys balls?
SeaBass

posted on 2/4/08 at 09:33 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dl_peabody
Why is everyone so quick to bust a guys balls?

No ones getting their "balls bust". I'm actually quite interested in the product offered for sale. I'd just like to know more about what it is and where it came from...

If you've created something and are interested in selling it then fine - just say that.

Kaspa

posted on 2/4/08 at 09:36 AM Reply With Quote
yeh right why pick on me .
no i didnt create it i bought it of the very clever guy that did.
first and formost no i'm not a comercial enterprise, just a poor strugling builder trying to get a car built, and if some one wants a copy of what ive got , i'm more than happy to share same for a donation to the build fund.
so digger if thats a problem with you guys my suggestion, is go build a bridge, [and get over it]
kaspa

Dom9

posted on 2/4/08 at 09:43 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
an almost exact copy of a F40 powered by a lexus V8 that races out here

John, any more info on this??? Sounds lovely...

balidey

posted on 2/4/08 at 09:44 AM Reply With Quote
What format are the CAD drawings in? Or are there model files too?

And what sort of figure are you looking at for a disc posted out to the UK?

As far as the legal argument goes, can I ask what has already been asked? Does the person that did all the hard work know you are selling it on?

If everyone involved is fine for these files to be passed on, maybe it would be better to host them so they are readily available, much like several other people have already done here in the Locost family (mcsorley, ron's ones are about somewhere, and chris gibbs' too). Saves you having to burn discs and post them out.

[Edited on 2/4/08 by balidey]

Benonymous

posted on 2/4/08 at 09:47 AM Reply With Quote
The only way you can get in the sh!t with this is if the CAD drawings are proprietary or copyright items. If they are not either, you cant get in trouble. Understandably, this is a relatively small community and if they are restricted you're unlikely to catch any flak. Better safe than sorry though.
Mr Whippy

posted on 2/4/08 at 10:12 AM Reply With Quote
Ah I now see what the concern is.

If you are selling drawings belonging to a company (just for example MK) supplied for your information to help with a kit build, much like a manual. Then that copyright still belongs to MK and thus you must ask their permission to sell it on for profit (you may sell it on for less than you paid for it unless doing so breaches an intellectual property agreement), usually if they agree they will require a commission or percentage of the profit you make. There is also this issue of intellectual copy right that you may be given drawings etc on the understanding that these are for you information and not to be given to anyone else who may use that to compete unfairly against the original copyright owner in their business.

If however you purchased the drawings as part of a change in ownership of the company, then you now own the copyright.

The other scenario would be the guy who did/is doing the drawings might not care one bit either way, but if he would mind then I’d ask permission first.

D Beddows

posted on 2/4/08 at 10:21 AM Reply With Quote
That'll be a bit like how you asked Autodesk if they minded before you 'acquired' a copy of Autocad really then wont it

Don't take it personaly Mr Whippy I'm not having a pop at you I just think we should get off our high horses and give Kaspa a break.

In case you didn't get my u2u btw Kaspa I'm interested in a copy

[Edited on 2/4/08 by D Beddows]

Mr Whippy

posted on 2/4/08 at 10:56 AM Reply With Quote
Was I suppose to be taking something personally? never noticed

I was just offering advice on copyright issues, not that I'm an expert, just picked up a bit about it when pinching other companies designs

[Edited on 2/4/08 by Mr Whippy]

Kaspa

posted on 2/4/08 at 07:16 PM Reply With Quote
Guys lets get a few plain ole facts straight before this gets out of hand.
1/ I now own the disc outright and the person who designed it and created the drawings dosnt give a toss what i do with them, as they are now my property.
2/ I'm not a comercial enterprise in any shape or form, just an old semi retired deisel mech tying to finalise a dream.
3/they are all done by a profesional design cad operator , thats his profession.
4/the only reason i thought they might be of value to some people, is there are some very good drawings of things like, a complete adjustable sway bar set up. all profiles to make your own rear uprites. plus many other intracate peices that go into building your own car from scratch, not to mention all the full size profiles to make a body similar to the original.

if people have a problem with me offing these out there for a donation to my build then fine , i will just shut up and leave the disc where it is and you can all go jump and work it all out yourself, not a problem.

to those people that are seriously interested and have u2uéd me thanks for your positive comments and if you email me directly i will get back to you

cheers Kaspa

Kaspa

posted on 2/4/08 at 07:24 PM Reply With Quote
Dom9, the link to Steves F40 site.
a very clever man also.

http://www.f40.co.nz/f40/index.aspx

good ole Kiwi engiuity

Kaspa

zilspeed

posted on 2/4/08 at 07:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Dom9, the link to Steves F40 site.
a very clever man also.

http://www.f40.co.nz/f40/index.aspx

good ole Kiwi engiuity

Kaspa

Looks more like a Venturi to me. Especially from the B post back.

That's pronounced vohn choo ree if Mr Millar is watching.

Kaspa

posted on 2/4/08 at 11:28 PM Reply With Quote
well i finaly figured out how to save a snapshot off of the disc so here is a pic of the nose cone nest

the person who is responsible for all this has his own design enginering buisness so i would expect he no's a bit about what he dose, and all i no is its all done with Design Cad.
you may get the info your looking for off the drawing as to what program etc he uses all i no are all files have a SSL prefix, sorry i cant be of more assistance but my knowledge of Cad is zero.
kaspa

Doug68

posted on 2/4/08 at 11:54 PM Reply With Quote
I've had a look at some of the drawings Kaspa has, these things are the real deal.
Having some idea of the amount of effort that will have gone into the creation of this data, I've advised him to keep a lid on this information until he gets a proper understanding of it commercial value.

Doug. 1TG
Sports Car Builders WA

Kaspa

posted on 3/4/08 at 01:16 AM Reply With Quote
Doug thanks for the help and advice, i may just do that, and sit on them for the time being as you so wisly have advised, i have had a couple of offers for the disc already but being a layman in this feild i had no idea of the time and effort that must have gone into creating this beast, i do no its takin him over 4 years to get this far and how many hrs of that was spent at the computer doing the designing and drawing one could only guess, as you said your up to 1000hrs pluss and havnt got this far yet, oh dear.
so what i may do is seperate the drawings and if some one just wants the body , or an individual item, ie uprites etc i may see what i can do, but the complete set for the car is not on offer for the time being
sorry guys
cheers Kaspa

Kaspa

posted on 3/4/08 at 07:20 AM Reply With Quote
to all interested parties in the drawings for the WSC, on advice i will be more than happy to send copies to any and every who wants them but they will be in PDF formatt with a disclaimer attached, as i will have no control whatso ever in how you use them, i cannot be responsible if you hurt yourself, or someone else.
its a bloody shame the world has come to this, but thats the only legal way it can be done
if your happy with that then by all means get in touch
Cheers Kaspa

balidey

posted on 4/4/08 at 08:53 AM Reply With Quote
Are the PDF CAD drawings fully dimensioned? A PDF version of that view you posted above will be absolutely useless to me (or anyone really) so if thats whats on offer I'll retract my request for a copy.

If they are good cad drawings in PDF form then I'm still interested.

Actually a picture of the chassis would be useful if you can post one.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.