Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: caling any photographers - full frame DSLR?
02GF74

posted on 15/4/08 at 10:25 AM Reply With Quote
caling any photographers - full frame DSLR?

Anyone know which make/model DSLR utilise a full frame sensor?

Please only list the major brands e.g. Canon/Nikon/Olympus/? other? + price.

to start you off, Canon EOS 5D £ 1,500

takumi

posted on 15/4/08 at 10:28 AM Reply With Quote
Canon EOS-1Ds; EOS-1Ds Mk. II; EOS-1Ds Mk. III
Canon EOS 5D
Contax N Digital
Nikon D3
Kodak SLRn; SLRc; DCS Pro 14n

RobinHood 2B 2.0i pinto, Keihin 38mm Carbs, lightened flywheel, O'Mori remote filter kit, 10 row oil cooler. Modified head, 10.2cr, special valves FR22 cam, 4- 1 header.

tegwin

posted on 15/4/08 at 10:32 AM Reply With Quote
The Canon 5D is a mint piece of kit!....Good value for money as well

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

takumi

posted on 15/4/08 at 10:48 AM Reply With Quote
I've got a APS-C dslr, its great. Why the need for the Full-frame sensor.?

just bought my self a new tamron di II lens very happy

[Edited on 15-4-08 by takumi]

RobinHood 2B 2.0i pinto, Keihin 38mm Carbs, lightened flywheel, O'Mori remote filter kit, 10 row oil cooler. Modified head, 10.2cr, special valves FR22 cam, 4- 1 header.

tegwin

posted on 15/4/08 at 10:54 AM Reply With Quote
Full frame makes wide angle work that little bit easier.....IE..It means that a 10mm lens, is actually 10mm...rahter than being cropped to ~14mm

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

02GF74

posted on 15/4/08 at 11:24 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by takumi
I've got a APS-C dslr, its great. Why the need for the Full-frame sensor.?

I thought, and this may be wrong, is that they are compatible with use 35 mm film camera lenses

snapper

posted on 15/4/08 at 04:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

I thought, and this may be wrong, is that they are compatible with use 35 mm film camera lenses

They are, thats for sure but there are a lot of Pro's that have sold there old Nikon stuff and reinvested in the DX lenses only to find that they now need the new lenses for the D3.

Now i have in my collection of cameras, D100, D2h, D2x and D3, i have loads of lenses from 25+ years ago to only a few months ago.
The D3 will auto crop to suit the lens but i can loose pixel resolution and am buying the new range of lenses at f2.8 or better.

But the best, best thing or things about the D3 are the low light capabilities and its ability to sync flash at just about any speed, and now i have a digital camera that i can truly balance flash with. Previous models were not great with flash, more like a digital broadcast camera than a film camera.
With film you look after the shadow detail knowing the highlights will be OK on digi video you had to be very aware of the highlight detail.
On the D2h and D2x once you blew the whites there was no going back but to my delight the D3 with the SB800's that i mainly use outside works bloody well.
But it is a lot of money.

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

takumi

posted on 15/4/08 at 08:46 PM Reply With Quote
I see..

I see what you mean. My new main lens thats 18-200mm is specifically for APS-C sensors (tamron Di II) and works great at 18mm, much wider than I thought it would be.. with still a decent zoomy..

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.