Poll: Speeding related points........ [View Results]
0 points
3 points
6 points
9 points
Banned or been banned

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Speeding related points........
Jon Ison

posted on 22/4/08 at 06:58 PM Reply With Quote
Speeding related points........

After getting my 1st (which I feel unjust but guess I got away with many) speeding nip I wondered how many on here are carrying a few points ?

Speeding related points not other motoring offences.

worX

posted on 22/4/08 at 07:02 PM Reply With Quote
None for me, although there are quite a few other things written on it.....

Steve

clairetoo

posted on 22/4/08 at 07:02 PM Reply With Quote
Way back in biking days I allways had at least 2 endorsements (remember them ? ) but somehow managed to not get banned
It must be more than ten years since the buggers caught me

Its cuz I is blond , innit

Claire xx

Will weld for food......

britishtrident

posted on 22/4/08 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
Last time I had points on my licence was err 30 years ago
JoelP

posted on 22/4/08 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
none in a long time now!
DavidM

posted on 22/4/08 at 07:15 PM Reply With Quote
None here. I got 3 speeding points in about 1991, and I've never really recovered from paying out the £40 fixed penalty.

Anyone who knows me will know how hard that would have been for me.

David

Proportion is Everything

dave1888

posted on 22/4/08 at 07:16 PM Reply With Quote
0 points but the wife has 9
Guinness

posted on 22/4/08 at 07:18 PM Reply With Quote
Nil points at the moment.

Was up to 7 at one point a few years back.

Cheers

Mike

NeilP

posted on 22/4/08 at 07:24 PM Reply With Quote
I was like Dave1888 but 3 have since dropped away and I'd never get away with it

Seems that you lot are generally luckier/more cautious* than me...

* delete as appropriate

If you pay peanuts...
Mentale, yar? Yar, mentale!
Drive it like you stole it!

owelly

posted on 22/4/08 at 07:25 PM Reply With Quote
I got my NIP the other day so I've ticked the 3 points box!
I was pootling out of a sleepy village in Rutland when I noticed a van pasked at the side of the road. The road was very straight and long. I joked to Miss Owelly that the van would catch plenty of folks on such a fast road. Then I notice the Satnav blinking at me to tell me I was doing 38 in a 30 limit. D'oh! I thought it was a 40!
Never mind. First time in almost 20 years of speeding....

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Dragon-Performance-Eu

posted on 22/4/08 at 07:28 PM Reply With Quote
Never speed just make "very safe very rapid progress" in the appropriate places at the appropriate times.......
balidey

posted on 22/4/08 at 07:37 PM Reply With Quote
none for me.
Although I was once 'stopped for speeding' at 2am in centre of quiet town, I was NOT speeding, just straightening off the bends, copper thought i was going over 30 (just by following me about 100 yards back, ooh, now that must be an accurate way of recording speed). First thing they said was 'in a hurry are we sir?' To which I replied 'No'. Shame I couldn't think of a funny remark at the time.

nib1980

posted on 22/4/08 at 07:47 PM Reply With Quote
I got caught speeding and got 6 point in my probation period and lost my license in 1999, had to retake my tests ect.

served me right for being an idiot though, I learned

coozer

posted on 22/4/08 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote
None for me now, many years ago in the 70's I got nicked for 65 in a 30 on a moped!

Copper let me off with 59mph so I wouldn't get banned. How nice of him eh?

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

MikeR

posted on 22/4/08 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote
just got the three and god willing i'll get rid of those at christmas (what a nice man Santa is).

G/f on the other hand has 6 and will get more if she's not careful. She likes to make rapid progress.

quinnj3

posted on 22/4/08 at 07:57 PM Reply With Quote
i actually got an ok copper. I was booked for 3 points and 150 quid fine (court). Ill not say what i was caught doing but i was pleased i only got 3 points. The thing is though i think the copper got the speed from the car i was overtaking on a wide open A road late at night. I didn't fancy arguing as when he showed me the speed he caught me at I was very relieved. I was definately doing about 25mph more than the hair dryer said. It would have been a ban!!

my aim is to build my own locost wether it takes me a week or 10 years to get started, i'm sure i will sometime

graememk

posted on 22/4/08 at 08:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by balidey
none for me.
Although I was once 'stopped for speeding' at 2am in centre of quiet town, I was NOT speeding, just straightening off the bends, copper thought i was going over 30 (just by following me about 100 yards back, ooh, now that must be an accurate way of recording speed). First thing they said was 'in a hurry are we sir?' To which I replied 'No'. Shame I couldn't think of a funny remark at the time.

should of replied with

are you in a hurry sir,,,,,, yes i got here as quick as i could....

lsdweb

posted on 22/4/08 at 08:18 PM Reply With Quote
None for me but I did once get stopped for 'speeding' - it took plod about 10 seconds to realise I was on the way to a call and had a blue light flashing on the roof!!

paulf

posted on 22/4/08 at 08:50 PM Reply With Quote
No points but I was once pulled over by an unmarked Mercedes for doing 88 in a 60 limit on my motorbike. I was breathalised which was negative and sent on my way with a warning to slow down, this was in the late 70s and now the same road has a 40 limit.
Paul

BenB

posted on 22/4/08 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
Never had any, hope I never get any.....

French ex GF of mine though got done for doing 135mph up the M1 on her Cagiva V-raptor.... Apparantly she undertook the plod car cruising up the middle lane which aggravated them rather.... And she slowed down when she saw the car which means she was doing significantly more than 135mph when she saw them.....

Another crazy GF (Irish) got a brand new Toyota Celica 6-speed VVTS and did Nottingham-London in 65 minutes. I said "that's impossible, you'ld have to be doing 140mph". To which she said "yes, you just have to put the headlights on to get everyone to move out the way". Quite HTF she didn't get pulled is a mystery. Apparantly in ROI speed limits are "occasionally inforced".....

What is it with crazy GFs and the M1!!!!!!

Scary......

MartynV

posted on 22/4/08 at 11:34 PM Reply With Quote
Not had any points for many years!

Have been done twice in 30+ years, once in company van, 40 in a 30 not paying attention following a line of traffic, though we all got done!

The last time on Honda 1000 V4 at 90 in a 70 though I had been travelling much faster at times!! Mind you it was still enough to get hauled before the Traffic Commissioner and get a suspension of my HGV licence as well!!

Professional drivers are supposed to set the standard to which others should aspire!!

Simon

posted on 23/4/08 at 12:06 AM Reply With Quote
One in about '85 - going to see a friend at Manchester Uni.

I was working but skint and had to hire a Cavalier. To save money I did about 55mph all the way, and was so bored I missed the M6 turn off Decided to go up to the A57 and cross country and that I'd do the rest of journey as quickly as poss.

So, foot down, up to just under 120, then see flashing light. Travelled 200+ miles at 55ish. Speeding for a mile and got nicked

Consolation was copper had trouble catching me in his 2.8 Ghia X Granda. Which I thought was amusing.

Second time was in about 95 in my Mini. I'd chucked a Metro Turbo lump in and was going through a local village. Assumed car in front was sticking to the limit, turned out he wasn't, and my speedo wasn't working.

Clean licence since.

ATB

Simon

RazMan

posted on 23/4/08 at 06:59 AM Reply With Quote
The last speeding endorsement I got was in 1985 from a plod that ended up being my next door neighbor and good friend 20 years later! Strange how you remember the daft things in life

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
nick205

posted on 23/4/08 at 07:32 AM Reply With Quote
Nil points for me, but I did reach the dizzying height of 11 points (3+3+5) in my younger years. The prospect of losing my license and the crippling cost of insurance gave me a reality check and slowed me down though
Puk

posted on 23/4/08 at 07:54 AM Reply With Quote
I left the country August '06 and since then have managed to run up 6 points on my visits back! Prior to that I had riden /driven for 20 years, including a period as a dispatch rider and gained null points. Weird.

Before you judge a guy, walk a mile in his shoes. Then when you judge him, you're a mile a way and you've nicked his shoes.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.