Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: I hate customers
graememk

posted on 1/5/08 at 03:34 PM Reply With Quote
I hate customers

Just had a customer bring a laptop that she bought from me in November 2007 with a 3 months warranty on it and wants her money back.

She presented me with a laptop with no screen, yes not even a lid on it she said it fell off and that why she's bringing it back as it doesn’t work like that.

I asked her about the teeth marks in it and she said it was like that when she bought it, and if I don’t give her the money back she will have me in court next week.

I politely showed her to the door and pointed in the direction of my solicitor who would be handling the case should she with to take me to court.....

Nutters the lot of them they need to bring in a law to stop interbreeding around here.

rant over

scoobyis2cool

posted on 1/5/08 at 03:39 PM Reply With Quote
Teeth marks?! What are these people on? Sounds to me like she was just trying it on, I doubt she'll bother taking it to court.

Just a thought, could you take photos of the stuff you sell so that you have proof that the damage wasn't there when you sold it?

Pete

It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Guinness

posted on 1/5/08 at 03:40 PM Reply With Quote
Did she leave it with you?

Time to have a look on the hard drive for any incriminating evidence!

Mike

eznfrank

posted on 1/5/08 at 03:45 PM Reply With Quote
What's the betting she's already claimed off her home insurance and thought she'd try for the double.
big_wasa

posted on 1/5/08 at 03:47 PM Reply With Quote

I used to get that every day when I worked in a shop.

The other eployees would send them to me as I was the most diplomatic

trogdor

posted on 1/5/08 at 03:51 PM Reply With Quote
It was pretty bad when i worked in a bookies, people saying they were on time for a race when they weren't, people trying a price that had just changed and they could get very annoyed and abusive sometimes.....

Amazing what people would try on, they were just the petty ones. There are professional con men that go around the UK and try and rip off bookies using various methods which i won't go into.

[Edited on 1/5/08 by trogdor]

Duncan_P

posted on 1/5/08 at 04:02 PM Reply With Quote
You should have told her that the warranty had expired and even if it hadn't it only applies to the other half of the laptop
Mole

posted on 1/5/08 at 04:08 PM Reply With Quote
When I saw the title I though dozracing was posting again.

Sorry couldn't resist

RazMan

posted on 1/5/08 at 04:13 PM Reply With Quote
Teeth marks? Was she trying to eat the silicon chips perhaps?

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mcerd1

posted on 1/5/08 at 04:38 PM Reply With Quote
half a laptop with teeth marks

some people........

but from the other point of view:
I had to take my first PC back 3 times, but that was the worst computer shop in the world (well in edinburgh at least)

the first time was the same day I bought it - they'd forgotten to put a CPU in it
the next time because the HD died after 2 months
the next time it was the memory

they used the cheapest parts and took no care with them at all

next thing I know its crashing randomly, and locking up - I wiped the disc and re-installed from scratch - still did it, so I suspected the MB / memory (again)
the warranty had a week left so I 'accidentally' changed a couple of BIOS settings and took it back to them again, they tried it, wouldn't load windows (all that had actually happened was the MB wasn't looking for the right disc)
the 'technical' guy declared it was knackered (I tried not to laugh) and went on a rant to the manager about being sold cheap crap that keeps on breaking, and they'd never managed to get me the graphics card I paid for a year ago

so I got a new cpu, motherboard, memory and graphics card - of course a year later just out of there new warranty the memory, graphics card, HDD and CD ROM all died

since then I've built my own with half decent bits and only had one doggy DIMM and one dead DVD RW in 6 years

[Edited on 1/5/08 by mcerd1]

RK

posted on 1/5/08 at 04:41 PM Reply With Quote
Purchasing and selling goods does require a certain amount of good faith on the two parties. This is not always the case; the problem is, you don't recognise the nutters til it's too late sometimes! It is incredible how upsetting they can be, but you can't beat yourself up.
Fatgadget

posted on 1/5/08 at 04:42 PM Reply With Quote
What a flaming cheek you pulling the wool over a poor womans eyes selling her defective goods! People like you should be locked up and the key thrown far far away!
iank

posted on 1/5/08 at 04:50 PM Reply With Quote
Was her name Vyvyan?

quote:

MIKE: Must have gone wrong somewhere.

VYVYAN: Oh God!

MIKE: Maybe you shouldn't have poured all of that washing-up liquid in it.

VYVYAN: But it says here, Michael look, "Ensure machine is clean, and free from dust"!

MIKE: Yeah, but it don't say, "Ensure the machine is full of washing-up liquid"!

VYVYAN: No, but it doesn't say, "Ensure the machine isn't full of washing-up liquid"!

MIKE: Well, it wouldn't would it! I mean, it doesn't say, "Ensure you don't chop up your video machine with an axe, put all the bits in a plastic bag, and bung 'em down the lavatory"!

VYVYAN: Doesn't it? Well maybe that's what's going wrong!

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

focijohn

posted on 1/5/08 at 05:33 PM Reply With Quote
i work in a garage as an apprentice, 2 recent cases.
Firstly an older guy came in (new customer) arrived in his honda picked it up and claimed that it wasnt like that when it came in, the dent + gouge marks were both rear doors wheel arch and back bumper was loose on one side. The colour of the paint trade (orange), the only colour around our garage is an off white, secondly i was the only one to service test drive and move the car. Nice try but the boss politely showed him the door and said good bye.

Secondly "you serviced my car about 3 weeks ago and now the tyres gone flat do u think that this is acceptable" she lived on a farm managed to pick up a 4inch nail!!

[Edited on 1/5/08 by focijohn]

[Edited on 1/5/08 by focijohn]

Anyone going slower than you is an idiot. Anyone going faster than you is a maniac.
Too many targets but too few bullets.

BenB

posted on 1/5/08 at 05:45 PM Reply With Quote
How much do you reckon she's got a Pitbull or Rockweiller and had a "Cute Kittens" screensaver on the laptop....

LOL!!!

mistergrumpy

posted on 1/5/08 at 06:22 PM Reply With Quote
When I worked for Sainsburys a few years back I used to count the monies and fill the cash machines.One day a lady came to the customer services and said the Lloyds machine had given her 2 forged £50 notes so I came down and had a word then took her outside and she took me to the Lloyds machine to show me before I informed her that none of the machines stocked £50's. Cheeky cow! The face of some people eh?

froggy

posted on 1/5/08 at 07:10 PM Reply With Quote
i get a couple a week usually people who have been in for an mot and then gone to a fast fit type place to be told that the car is a death trap and needs several hundred pounds spending immediateley or the occupants will all die in a huge fireball,so when they come back down they are usually steaming and i have to go through the whole test requirements and show them all the items that were advised etc. normally they will calm down and see sense but there is always one or two that stand there and expect me to replace the advised items free of charge
trogdor

posted on 1/5/08 at 07:30 PM Reply With Quote
That forged £50 story has reminded me of the time two dodgy guys were in the bookies playing on the cash quest machines. The machine crashed and he came up saying that it has taken his money and that it was £202.50. We were watching him and saw that he had only put £2.50 in before it crashed.

We also pointed out that it was impossible for him to put money once it crashed as that what he said he had done. He also said that it was 4 £50 notes which quickly changed to £20 notes once we showed him that there were no £50 notes in the machine. Despite the all this and that we had watched put the small change in and nothing else he wouldn't take no for an answer and we had to call the police!

The most cheeky was a guy who smashed the touch screen of the cash quest, and we didn't notice, (it was one we can't see from the counter and we thought he had kicked it) came and collected his money then very quickly left! cheeky f***er!

MikeRJ

posted on 1/5/08 at 10:45 PM Reply With Quote
Not as cheeky as some scrote in my brother branch of Halfords that went around the store, picked up a few expensive bits and then went to the till and asked for a refund on them! My brother caught him doing it on CCTV, and he still argued that he'd bought them in the store a few days before.

Should mandate compulsory castration for this scum just to make sure the gene pool gets a chance to recover.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.