Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: DVLA Borehamwood
richyb

posted on 9/5/08 at 02:30 PM Reply With Quote
DVLA Borehamwood

A few of you asked me to let you know how i get on with this office after some previous bad experiences in registration (post SVA). Well finally i have an 08 registration after about 2 weeks - initially queued and put in papers, told would take 2 / 3 days for them to contact me - they didn't, phoned via swansea (there is no direct line) after 3 attempts someone came back to me from Borhamwood office, after some persuation they booked me in for an inspection this tuesday (i told them my insurance was to be cancelled due to non registration which is true). Inspection took all of 2 mins - chap was helpful and ignored the fact that there was more than 1 item that was old and allowed registartion as new/08 plate. They promised to process the paperwork the same day and get it in the post - they did'nt, and i went back in person yesterday - they found it after 1/2 hour in the post tray !!! anyway i now have it and promptly after a visit to halfrauds was driving the cat last night !

my advice - keep the chasing by phone / visits to the office if you can (i am lucky it is 15mins from me). If you dont, you may be waiting for a little longer. Or - go to another DVLA office !!

whitestu

posted on 9/5/08 at 03:14 PM Reply With Quote
Mine wasn't going anywhere at Borehamwwod until I found out someone I knew had a son who worked there.

24 hrs later everything was sorted!

Stu

jamestziros

posted on 10/5/08 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote
You lucky chap, sounds like I need that sort of friend at the DVLA.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Steve Lovelock

posted on 14/5/08 at 10:28 AM Reply With Quote
I telephoned them as was told to take the car in after SVA without an appointment and I'd seen. I haven't posted the forms off inadvance, should I?

Also, how much of your car wasn't new?

Regards
Steve

bob

posted on 14/5/08 at 12:15 PM Reply With Quote
Theconrodkid (john) is due for SVA at Yeading on the 5th june so not long, also using Boringwood

I'll just keep my fingers crossed for him

richyb

posted on 14/5/08 at 12:27 PM Reply With Quote
i think you'll be lucky to get an inspection without an appointment - you may be lucky n the day - i was persistant over the phone, and told them my insurance would be void if i didn't get registered within a week.

i told them the engine / box was second hand and the rest new. he picked up that this was not quite true as the axles / diff were not new, but effectively turned a blind eye and told me to make sure if asked by the admin team to re-inforce that it was only the engine that was second hand. He was extremely helpful to say the least !!

personally io would hold on to the forms and put them all in once you have your SVA certificate - I get the feeling if not, that it will sit in a file awaiting the balance of paperwork and get lost !!

Good luck

bob

posted on 14/5/08 at 01:27 PM Reply With Quote
Yup they managed to loose conrods entire catalogue of receipts, he had an inspection prior to being allocated a chassis number which was painfull too.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.