New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: who do you book your track days with
bob tatt

posted on 18/5/08 at 09:36 AM Reply With Quote
who do you book your track days with

as title really just interested to find out
higgsti

posted on 18/5/08 at 09:43 AM Reply With Quote
circuit days chris is a superb bloke your allowed unlimited passengers which others charge you for and up to 4 drivers of the car if you wish .although trackdays this year are very sparse especially weekends
PAUL FISHER

posted on 18/5/08 at 12:23 PM Reply With Quote
Another vote for Circuit days,for easy going well run trackdays,always gives 10% discount to BEC owners club members,and most other car clubs if you ask ,Javelin are also good,mainly cover the airfield circuits but have the odd Cadwell park day,always well priced.
We have also been using Been using Big Thunder,but they only run Bruntingthorpe airfield circuit,again good value at £99.

Jubal

posted on 20/5/08 at 09:21 AM Reply With Quote
I second the comments above. I've done lots of days with CD, including a Ring trip. However, the relaxed CD attitude to second/multiple drivers and passengers sometimes means the day is busier than others. You pays yer money etc. The discount is available to anyone who books as part of a group which I often do.

I also rate Javelin, BookaTrack and MSV. The one I seem to end up using the most is ironically the one I dislike the most, Easytrack. Firstly they are not members of ATDO which sometimes causes insurance problems. Their website is rubbish too but I can live with that. My biggest gripe is with organisation and lack of enforcement of the rules. Briefings are often a bit of a shambles and despite talking a good fight about enforcing rules I don't see much evidence on the day (and yes, I do complain at the time if I get baulked for ages).

The reason I end up using them a few times a year is that they organise a lot of days at Oulton, which is nearby for me. I am also booked with them for Cadwell on 16th June so I'll let you know if my views change after using them a different venue.

skydivepaul

posted on 6/6/08 at 10:38 PM Reply With Quote
Javelin run very good trackdays and are well priced.
As said they mainy use airfields but dont let that put you off. The have open pit lane format so you get plenty of driving time.
They also seem to attract the more considerate drivers (people who are car enthusiasts and respect their cars and yours whilst out on the track)
It also doesnt matter what your level of experience is as they fully brief all the drivers and you will not feel left out or too slow)

I have been to trackdays where some of the drivers have more money than sense and the overall driving standards have been abysmal. You fear that your car may be written off by one of these lunatics overdriving their expensive cars that mummy and daddy have bought them straight into you.

http://www.smartideasuk.com
http://www.smartmapping.co.uk
HD CCTV
3D design solutions and integration
IP security systems
access control systems

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.