Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Cortine hub bearings / assembly
johncarman

posted on 13/6/08 at 07:14 PM Reply With Quote
Cortine hub bearings / assembly

Firstly, it's been a long time since I posted on here, but at last the project is back in full swing, so hello again to everyone.

I am having real trouble getting my front uprights / hubs together, I can't work out what bearings I need, and I am sure I need more parts than I have. What I have at present is as follows...

- Rally Design Aluminium Cortina Upright (I don't have the original cortina ones, just these)
- Rally Design Aluminium Cortina Hub
- QH wheel bearing kit QWB115C, as here: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=310037101252

You can see this lot in pic cortinabearing.jpg in my gallery

The outer bearing is fine, both inside and outside dimensions. The outside dimension of the inner bearing appears to be fine, but the inside dimension is way to big to fit on the stub axle, plus neither oil seal appers to be correct.

FYI, the inside dimension of the inside bearing is about 30mm, I need something about 26mm to fit.

My first question is, does anyone know what I have, and what I need ?? I rang Rally design, and they tell me I need a Cortina Mk3,4,5 bearing kit, which according to the QH website, thats what I have ??

My second question is how does it all fit together ?? I guess I must be missing some parts, as all I have is a split pin, and I don't think that will hold it all together. Does anyone have any pics of an assembled unit, or even better an exploded diagram ?? can anyone tell me the parts I need to assemble it.

Thanks in advance

John

Michael

posted on 13/6/08 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
From memory i dont remember seeing that large seal/washer in the lower left on your picture, when i removed my hub for sand blasting.

The bearings outer races gently tap into the hub, and the inner bearing is held in by the oil seal and outer is held in with castle nut & washer, then locked my split pin, but only once correctly tightened to take out all but a little of the play.

Personaly i would get another bearing from a Motor Factors.

robinj66

posted on 13/6/08 at 10:16 PM Reply With Quote
Hope this helps

[img][/img]

[Edited on 13/6/08 by robinj66] Rescued attachment CORTINA WHEEL BEARING.jpg
Rescued attachment CORTINA WHEEL BEARING.jpg

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.