Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Removing 325i engine?!?!?
DunkerT

posted on 20/6/08 at 05:57 PM Reply With Quote
Removing 325i engine?!?!?

Hello,

It's been a while since I last posted but I have finally found a weekend free and a helpful friend to lend a hand getting the engine out of my '89 325i engine. However, I have come across a problem disconnecting the gearbox. I have removed a number of torx bolts using a 12mm female torx socket but there are some larger torx bolts still left that I do not have the correct size socket for. Does anybody know what size torx socket I need as I am not where the car is at the moment and need to be ready to remove it first thing tomorrow. I have just purchased a 16mm socket as that seems to be all Halfords stock but I am unsure if I need an 18mm?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks again.
Tom

Simon

posted on 20/6/08 at 07:35 PM Reply With Quote
There's always Mr Angry Grinder if you can't get the right tool

ATB

Simon

austin man

posted on 20/6/08 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
cant you take the front end off and remove both together ? as I am thinking you will nee both at some stage?
Michael

posted on 21/6/08 at 07:35 PM Reply With Quote
As Simon say's get out Mr Angry Grinder.

Thats what dad did with my donor, cut car from around engine and gearbox, then we walked the car away like a wheel barrow.

Then cut the car up into bits, and scrapped it.

I knew someone local doing a locost with Sierra running gear, and that car was stripped of loom, then released bolts on suspension and engine and gearbox and waited for the scrappy. He just lifted the shell leaving a parked car with no bodywork. ;o)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.