Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: trade insurance
Stuart_B

posted on 12/7/08 at 03:07 PM Reply With Quote
trade insurance

hi all, is there a company which will sell a 17 year old male trade insurance?

thanks

stuart

black mk indy, 1.6pinto on cbr600 bike carb's.

blue2cv

posted on 12/7/08 at 03:15 PM Reply With Quote
Try my broker, Waterhouse Group 01634 830054, worst way is they will say no, good luck, Alan
eznfrank

posted on 12/7/08 at 03:25 PM Reply With Quote
I've worked in motor insurance for 10 years and I've never heard of it. I would imagine min age would be 25. That being said if you've got the pennies you'll find someone who'll cover you but it'll be ridicularse expensive!!!

What do you actually want it for? There might be a better alternative.

Stuart_B

posted on 12/7/08 at 03:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eznfrank
I've worked in motor insurance for 10 years and I've never heard of it. I would imagine min age would be 25. That being said if you've got the pennies you'll find someone who'll cover you but it'll be ridicularse expensive!!!

i am look for car insurance, for me and it so expesinve, just for one car, and i will have two when i am 17, so i throught i try and get a trade insurance and then do a bit of car dealing to make a bit on the side, buy from the auctions and sell on the road.

stuart

ch1ll1

posted on 12/7/08 at 03:37 PM Reply With Quote
hi
wouldnt think so,
but money does talk !

on mine the min age is 21 !
just to be on the insurance never mind take it out
paul

eznfrank

posted on 12/7/08 at 03:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Stuart_B
quote:
Originally posted by eznfrank

i am look for car insurance, for me and it so expesinve, just for one car, and i will have two when i am 17, so i throught i try and get a trade insurance and then do a bit of car dealing to make a bit on the side, buy from the auctions and sell on the road.

stuart

It's silly money for insurance at that age but I can guarantee that 2 policies will be vastly cheaper than a trade policy. I can't imagine you paying much less than £7-8000 a year at your age.

Your tintop cover will be pricey but a 7 shouldn't be too drastic in comparison.

Regretably it's just one of those pain in the arse things at your age and there aint a great deal you can do about it.

Pass plus might knock you a bit off though but probably only the first year.

Stuart_B

posted on 12/7/08 at 03:51 PM Reply With Quote
the cheapest tin top insurance i can find is £1000 on a £500 car with thrid party fire and theft. but that type of car is not practicaly for me as i need to tow jetski and have all my gear in the car, a pick up would be better.

i got a online qoute for the 7 for £2700 but it said we can offer you a lower price but we need more infomation and talk to you.

stuart

eznfrank

posted on 12/7/08 at 04:36 PM Reply With Quote
Most of the decent 7 insurers don't have proper online quote systems, mainly because hardly any car is the same as the next and there are too many variables. Call some up and you'll do much better than that price!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.