Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 13" wheels with rear disks
dan__wright

posted on 20/7/08 at 08:43 AM Reply With Quote
13" wheels with rear disks

hi, recieved my new 13" pro race 1.2's from mac one last week, went to fit them yesterday but the rears wont quite wit, the spring and the handbrake cable touch the rim, its only my a few mm but its enough for it to not turn.

im sure ive heard someone say you can modify the caliper to make it fit? anyone got the solution?

Thanks.

FREE THE ROADSTER ONE…!!

dan__wright

posted on 20/7/08 at 10:33 AM Reply With Quote
thanks chris.
will give them a call on monday.

i think they are 4x4 discs calipers (they are solid)

the hubs are drum hubs though and i got brackets for the calipers to fit on (uses 3 of the 4 hub > upright bolts, which i then had to spacer the brackets out a bit to ligh up with the disc, im wandering if this is the problem and the caliper is too far under the wheel.

afaik its only normally the handbrake lever that catches but the handbrake spring also catches.

FREE THE ROADSTER ONE…!!

Viper

posted on 20/7/08 at 10:47 AM Reply With Quote
either turn down the od on the discs and move the caliper to suit or use smaller discs, fiesta with a smidgen turned from the inside of the bell will fit, you will still need to move the calipers in a bit.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.