Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Formula 27 Whats it worth?
Gaz7612

posted on 8/8/08 at 04:24 PM Reply With Quote
Formula 27 Whats it worth?

HI everyone
Going to be selling my 1998 formula 27 soon Just don't get time to use it
Has anyone got any ideas as to how much its worth

Spec
2.0 Zetec with shortened sump
Gas Flowed head
Piper Performance Cams and Followers
4 Branch tubular manifold with 1¾” primaries leading into 2¼” bore system
Lightened Flywheel redrilled for Pinto Clutch.
GSXR Throttle Bodies
Megasquirt programmable injection with datalogging and programming software
Innovate Wideband O2 sensor running in closed loop operation.
Fully adjustable rose jointed inboard front suspension with adjustable coilovers
Fully rose jointed 5 linked rear axle with adjustable coilovers
Blue Silicone hoses feeding new large capacity Radiator.
Electric fan controlled by ECU.
Adjustable fuel pressure regulator with guage.
New Jaguar Injection Pump and copper fuel pipes

mr henderson

posted on 8/8/08 at 04:34 PM Reply With Quote
£5.5K?

rayward

posted on 8/8/08 at 04:36 PM Reply With Quote
in the current market

4.5k - 5.5k

hth

Ray

Gaz7612

posted on 8/8/08 at 04:39 PM Reply With Quote
Thats not as bad as i was expecting thankfully
Mr Whippy

posted on 8/8/08 at 05:08 PM Reply With Quote
nice car apart from that grill, I'd change that for sure.

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Gaz7612

posted on 8/8/08 at 05:15 PM Reply With Quote
What would you change about the grill?
mr henderson

posted on 8/8/08 at 05:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gaz7612

The screw heads in the flange look sh!t. You need to get a grille in front of the flange

John

indykid

posted on 8/8/08 at 05:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mr henderson
quote:
Originally posted by Gaz7612

The screw heads in the flange look sh!t. You need to get a grille in front of the flange

John

blunt but very true. personally i'd cut the flange out completely and sikaflex something on from the inside of the nosecone. i reckon it'd add £100 if not more to the car.

if you're going to leave the flange, paint it black.

tom

Gaz7612

posted on 8/8/08 at 05:55 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the advice i'm always open to new ideas
David Jenkins

posted on 8/8/08 at 05:59 PM Reply With Quote
At the moment it looks like a tidy car that's been 'enjoyed', but with a little effort you could sell it more easily, and maybe get a bit more money.

Do you know someone who likes cars, and from whom you will accept blunt talking? If so, get a notepad then ask them to walk around your car pointing out the tatty/scruffy bits. Ask them to be hyper-critical, even if it sounds petty.

For example, some have already noticed the grille. I can see that the surround on the bodywork's exhaust hole doesn't look pretty.

You may not like your pride and joy criticised (I wouldn't!) but you'll have a list of things to tidy up and once you've finished it'll be far more saleable.

It may not even take much work - new grille? Depends on your ingenuity but I bet it's under £15. Trim round the exhaust? I bet you've got left-overs in a box in your garage. Getting the wheels as clean and as sparkly as you can - a few hours labour (hint - take them off to clean them). Polishing the bodywork, cleaning the seat vinyl, cleaning the engine bay, all that kind of stuff.

Sorry if I sound rude - I would normally never criticise another person's pride and joy - but if you want to sell it...

Footnote: You never know - when you see it all bright and shiny, you may decide to keep it after all!

[Edited on 8/8/08 by David Jenkins]

Mark Allanson

posted on 8/8/08 at 09:16 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry, but I will never get used to that nosecone. It looks like something that trawlermen throw back before they get back to port.

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

Gaz7612

posted on 9/8/08 at 12:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins
At the moment it looks like a tidy car that's been 'enjoyed', but with a little effort you could sell it more easily, and maybe get a bit more money.

Do you know someone who likes cars, and from whom you will accept blunt talking? If so, get a notepad then ask them to walk around your car pointing out the tatty/scruffy bits. Ask them to be hyper-critical, even if it sounds petty.

For example, some have already noticed the grille. I can see that the surround on the bodywork's exhaust hole doesn't look pretty.

You may not like your pride and joy criticised (I wouldn't!) but you'll have a list of things to tidy up and once you've finished it'll be far more saleable.

It may not even take much work - new grille? Depends on your ingenuity but I bet it's under £15. Trim round the exhaust? I bet you've got left-overs in a box in your garage. Getting the wheels as clean and as sparkly as you can - a few hours labour (hint - take them off to clean them). Polishing the bodywork, cleaning the seat vinyl, cleaning the engine bay, all that kind of stuff.

Sorry if I sound rude - I would normally never criticise another person's pride and joy - but if you want to sell it...

Footnote: You never know - when you see it all bright and shiny, you may decide to keep it after all!

[Edited on 8/8/08 by David Jenkins]

Thats really helpfull thanks. Just what i need really a to do list, Its much easyer when someone else is looking at the car.

quinnj3

posted on 9/8/08 at 12:30 PM Reply With Quote
I reckon thats a 'nice' car, as others have said here the small jobs make a big difference. Its all in the detail. A couple of saturdays or 3 or 4 evenings after work and that car could look fantastic for very little outlay. I don't think it will get you anymore money but its likely to get you a quicker sale.

I always find that after spending a short time tidying up a car getting it ready for sale I find it harder to sell because i don't want it to go. Maybe that'll happen? Good luck with the sale whatever you decide to do.

my aim is to build my own locost wether it takes me a week or 10 years to get started, i'm sure i will sometime

David Jenkins

posted on 9/8/08 at 02:17 PM Reply With Quote
Gaz - I don't know whether you're in Lincolnshire at the moment, but the kit car show's on this Sat & Sun and is a great opportunity to buy a new grille, trim, etc. a bit cheaper, and without P&P.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.