Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: SVA DATE SET
simonk

posted on 19/8/08 at 11:44 AM Reply With Quote
SVA DATE SET

SVA date set for September 16th - time to get on with the big list of small jobs !

First contact with Leighton Buzzard SVA very professional, brief call to me to confirm that date was OK and all was well before sending confirmation.

Cheers
Simon

paulmw

posted on 19/8/08 at 12:14 PM Reply With Quote
Good luck

Over the past few months it seems most are failing on emissions and noise (including me) so make sure your engines purring like a kitten

Paul

wilkingj

posted on 19/8/08 at 01:09 PM Reply With Quote
Take a load of pictures, and post them in the SVA section. Especially round the front suspension and steering area.
Also all other parts of the car.

People will pick holes (SVA wise) in it. At least it will give you a leg up, and help prevent failing on silly things.

You shouldnt have much of a propblem with noise, those are the same silencers as mine and they are quite quiet.

It will be the daft things like the mirrors or sharp edges. or the brake ballance (Make sure the fronts lock up before the rears is the best you can do without a brake tester).

Also take all your spare plastic piping and edging, as if its very minor, they "go for a cup of tea" and whilst you cant officially repair / modify / alter the car, what they dont see you do they dont know about.

They are usually very good and helpful.

If you want I can pop over and take a butchers.

Good luck.

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Paul (Notts)

posted on 19/8/08 at 05:05 PM Reply With Quote
Good luck...

Once on the road enjoy it but be carfull its getting late in the year now. I am planning to take mine off the road straight after the Stafford show ( Sep 14th ish ) and start a long list of winter mods .

Paul

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.