Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Do road registered super cars get any more super than this?
TimC

posted on 25/8/08 at 12:19 PM Reply With Quote
Do road registered super cars get any more super than this?

830kgs Dry!!!

blakep82

posted on 25/8/08 at 12:24 PM Reply With Quote
i think i just soiled myself

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

grazzledazzle

posted on 25/8/08 at 12:26 PM Reply With Quote
I can't believe that pedal box arrangement! You would need bloody small feet to get under that cross member?!
TimC

posted on 25/8/08 at 12:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by grazzledazzle
I can't believe that pedal box arrangement! You would need bloody small feet to get under that cross member?!

Good point; I'll use it as a point to haggle him down a bit!

Seriously, imagine turning up at Le Mans in THAT!

blakep82

posted on 25/8/08 at 12:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TimC
quote:

Good point; I'll use it as a point to haggle him down a bit!

Seriously, imagine turning up at Le Mans in THAT!

or work, or the pub, or the cinema, or home, or...

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

RK

posted on 25/8/08 at 12:37 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah, but where could you park it?
blakep82

posted on 25/8/08 at 12:38 PM Reply With Quote
its got reverse sensors lol parking will be a peice of cake

andylancaster3000

posted on 25/8/08 at 12:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

It's the rack I think. Fairly typical of lots of old race cars to have your feet forward of the rack. Might need to invest in a pair of shin pads if using it on British roads!

Humbug

posted on 25/8/08 at 01:10 PM Reply With Quote
danna, danna, danna, danna,
danna, danna, danna, danna, Batman

worX

posted on 25/8/08 at 01:31 PM Reply With Quote
I'm not sure how much I like it, but those pictures really do a good job of selling it!

Steve

russbost

posted on 25/8/08 at 01:55 PM Reply With Quote
Not exactly locost tho' is it?

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
mr henderson

posted on 25/8/08 at 02:02 PM Reply With Quote
The front lights, not only no good SVA wise, but also outside the Construction and Use Regulations. Wonder how they managed to make that road legal (well, in a sense, they didn't)

Nice car though.

John

adithorp

posted on 25/8/08 at 06:28 PM Reply With Quote
Group C cars were basically prototypes and just about road legal with wets on. I used to see a bloke collecting his Sunday papers in a Joest Porcshe an few years ago.
The 962 was available as a customer car to teams other than the works team unlike its predecesor (959?) but never seamed as quick as the works cars. Runs in my mind the car was £250000 + £250000 for the engine and gearbox.

That ones got Le-Mans bodywork for the pre-chicane 250mph Mussane.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

mr henderson

posted on 25/8/08 at 07:07 PM Reply With Quote
They could only be road legal if they had headlights at or above the minimum height, and the one in the link doesn't. It may well be road registered, but road legal it ain't. That car could be stopped and booked by any policeman who wanted to.

Maybe it was tested with different front bodywork. Maybe it wasn't tested. Maybe it was tested in NZ where maybe the rules are different.

Still a nice car, I've always liked them.

John

procomp

posted on 27/8/08 at 07:36 AM Reply With Quote
Hi if it has been used for road use. The first thing you would want to do is have all the magnesium suspension components tested.

Friend brought one and was going to race it asap. He was very glad he never after finding quite a few cracked suspension items. But it has to be said it has run almost faultlessly since. That is why they are still such a reliable car for privateers at the 24H races. No highly technical bits every where just good old simple engineering.

Cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.