Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Anyone had any experience of Eurocell conservatories?
GaryM

posted on 18/9/08 at 05:52 PM Reply With Quote
Anyone had any experience of Eurocell conservatories?

Hi

I'm thinking of replacing our rotten wooden conservatory with an uPVC one.

Because it needs to fit an existing base/dwarf wall I'd have to order a bespoke one from a trade type supplier.

Anyone had any experience of Eurocell conservatory systems?

Cheers
Gary

hector

posted on 18/9/08 at 06:25 PM Reply With Quote
Hi there
Yes i fit them for a living, they are a good product, I have fitted other type roofs and they are flimsy, global springs to mind-their rafters are secures using springs!
Euro cells are all bolted together and very sturdy.
If you go for glass roof make sure it has bolster bars and tie bars as there is a lot of weight or your side frames will all go out of level!
cheers Colin

Steve Munster

posted on 18/9/08 at 09:21 PM Reply With Quote
Eurocell are probably the most expensive system on the market, at the moment- but are one of the best.

I'll start with the roof, there are many roof systems on the market I would stear away from anything that is made by syseal(global), mediocre systems are k2 or wendland, the best roof about is manufactured by Quantal, its all Powder coat Aluminium, cladded inside. The roof fabricator should follow the guidelines of the roof system company and therfore should put tie bars etc as indicated on the cad drawing, for glass or polycarb.

Roof Glass ? Activ Blue self cleaning
Polycarb ? Heatgaurd - keeps warm in etc.
Clear / Bronze / opal all same price basicly can almost see out of clear, bronze good in sunny areas, south facing opal difuses sun light.

Frames - ensure that the fabricator knows that its going in a conservatory and that it is re-inforced in places neccessary. I will tell you that any company that tells you that the frames are 'fully reinforced' is basicly admiting that the upvc is not up to much and has serious problems with support.
Keep away from - selecta or synseal. I would suggest that Profile 22 are a reasonably good system and have a nice look.

I would personally go for Quantal roof and Profile 22 frames, the finish is nice and colours are a match 100% (upvc extruded on the same line)

I must tell you about me, I have been in the window industry for the last 25 years I have fabricated windows, doors and Conservatory roofs. I have sold and fitted and even been into homes to put right what other fitters have fitted incorrectly. and currently a manger selling window and plastic product to local window companies.

Anymore quiestions please ask

Aboardman

posted on 18/9/08 at 11:11 PM Reply With Quote
only heard of eurocell when previous company i worked for (ultraframe) sued them for design patent issues.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.