Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Chassis width
Tudor (Ted) Miron

posted on 10/1/04 at 09:09 PM Reply With Quote
Chassis width

Hi All,
I'd like to ask your opinion what is the minimum chassis cockpit area width acceptable? From comfort point of vew. Seven types are not really a good comparition as cockpit sidewall is lowered so you'v got more space than actual cockpit width.

Thanks in advance

Ted

[Edited on 11/1/04 by Tudor (Ted) Miron]

rontyler

posted on 11/1/04 at 02:12 AM Reply With Quote
Ted,

I believe 8'-6" is the legal limit ;-)

seriously, my Vette measures 57.5" of elbow room with about 9" between the seats. My middy is right at 48"... seats are VERY closely spaced. For me, I consider it a minimum.

HTH, rt

Tudor (Ted) Miron

posted on 11/1/04 at 11:48 AM Reply With Quote
48" is what I have now Does anybody also have an opinion on this? What is Lotus elis/exige cockpit width?

Thank you
Ted

JoelP

posted on 11/1/04 at 02:59 PM Reply With Quote
hi ted, are you doing a 'normal' front engined RWD? obviously depends on the tunnel width then...

best idea is to get a narrow car seat in your front room and but a board/ bookshelf on either side, to see what is the minimum comfortable space for the driver. The passanger can always sit on his hands and not move!

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

kb58

posted on 12/1/04 at 04:06 PM Reply With Quote
If your seats touch, as they do in mine, you can't get narrower then that. Still comfortable though.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ProjectLMP

posted on 13/1/04 at 01:49 AM Reply With Quote
Mine is 47" but I am using custom moulded seats like the Radical SR3. I don't think you can go much narrower than this although the Westfield XTR2 is about 44" but looks very tight.

Home of the Astronomicalcost Mid engined LMP project

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.