Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Moar Megasquirt questions
Benzine

posted on 12/10/08 at 02:51 PM Reply With Quote
Moar Megasquirt questions

What does the white circle mean in this pic?

Also, if I'm using EDIS6 with megasuirt does the trigger wheel sensor (VR) connect to megasquirt or to EDIS? I've got most of it done now, I'm just struggling on fuel pump relay and stuff, I find it hard to visualise the wiring diagram on the actual car

The mental gymnastics a landlord will employ to justify immoral actions is clinically fascinating. Just because something is legal doesn't make it moral.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MkIndy7

posted on 12/10/08 at 02:55 PM Reply With Quote
Its just a soldered joint where all the cables come from a common source.

I'd guess that its 1 ignition live that then splits to many components such as the injectors, fuel pump etc

Snuggs

posted on 12/10/08 at 03:07 PM Reply With Quote
Dot is a connection point./ ie all the RED wires connect together.

VR connect to EDIS6 and (MS)Pin 36 i think connects back to the EDIS unit Pin 3 and (MS)Pin 24 connects to EDIS Pin 1

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/snuggstcb
Spider pig, spider pig, does whatever a spider pig does.
I doubt therefore I may be.
Luposlipophobia : Fear of being chased by wolves around a freshly waxed kitchen floor, while wearing only socks on your feet.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!
http://www.venganza.org
http://www.jesusandmo.net/
http://www.snuggs.co.uk

philw

posted on 12/10/08 at 03:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Benzine
What does the white circle mean in this pic?

Also, if I'm using EDIS6 with megasuirt does the trigger wheel sensor (VR) connect to megasquirt or to EDIS? I've got most of it done now, I'm just struggling on fuel pump relay and stuff, I find it hard to visualise the wiring diagram on the actual car

Does it not mean you are here, it does on the map at beaulieu

Must try harder

Benzine

posted on 12/10/08 at 04:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Snuggs
Dot is a connection point./ ie all the RED wires connect together.

VR connect to EDIS6 and (MS)Pin 36 i think connects back to the EDIS unit Pin 3 and (MS)Pin 24 connects to EDIS Pin 1

Actually I just checked and that's how I have it wired in :/ I think i was just going mad for a while.

Another question. how does EDIS get it's power. 12V switched live? not sure what that means

Also with this pic:

I don't understand pin 8. 2 wires coming from it?

[Edited on 12/10/08 by Benzine]

The mental gymnastics a landlord will employ to justify immoral actions is clinically fascinating. Just because something is legal doesn't make it moral.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Rob Lane

posted on 13/10/08 at 01:02 PM Reply With Quote
Use a 4 way fuse box there.

The thick red wire goes to the 'common' side of the fusebox.
i.e. all tags on one side are joined together. Or a single brass strip makes up the connection. Depends on type bought.

The thin red wires are then taken from each side of the fuses.

Rob Lane

posted on 13/10/08 at 01:11 PM Reply With Quote
The two wires go to pin 8.

As shown, one comes from the relay contact which is switched by12v, the other goes to pin four on the 4 pin plug.

I would suggest instead taking the pin 8 feed from the 4th fuse which should be 20A.

That point on first drawing is a 'switched' live.

Switched 12volts means that 12v only appears on that wire when the ignition is switched 'on'.
As opposed to permanent 'live' which means wired to a supply directly fed by battery (in some way).

[Edited on 13/10/08 by Rob Lane]

MikeRJ

posted on 13/10/08 at 05:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Benzine
I don't understand pin 8. 2 wires coming from it?

Both the EDIS unit and the coil pack require an ignition switched 12v supply (i.e. one that is only live with the ignition switched on).

Rather than running separate wires from the EDIS and the coil pack back to the source of the 12v supply, it's simpler to connect the coil pack to the EDIS at pin 8, and then connect pin 8 to the 12v supply.

Benzine

posted on 14/10/08 at 11:13 AM Reply With Quote
Ahh crapstickles. Thanks for all the help but I can't seem to get my head around this last part. I might make a diagram later of my setup and post it here to try and understand it more. My ignition leads arrived today, wanna start her up!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.