Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Egypt ?
Jon Ison

posted on 12/10/08 at 07:33 PM Reply With Quote
Egypt ?

Picked my son n his girlfriend up from airport today, just back from Egypt, they had a great time, not somewhere that we had thought of.........

Anyone else recommend or otherwise Egypt for a holiday ? We are currently looking for a holiday and now thinking of giving Egypt a try ?

tegwin

posted on 12/10/08 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
My old man just got back from 2 weeks in Egypt...

Sounds like he had a fantastic time..... If you can stand the heat, and the crazy vendors/beggers ....go!....Wish I could!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

Puk

posted on 12/10/08 at 07:42 PM Reply With Quote
I've been a few times, once on holiday. Cairo is interesting in a dusty and smelly kind of a way, and that's where the Sphinx hangs out. Luxor is fascinating but my favourate spot was Aswan and the drive out to Abu Simbal. On the other hand if you're into diving, lolling on beaches and exploring islands then you could do worse than Hugada. I recommend it give it a try. Its cheap too.

Before you judge a guy, walk a mile in his shoes. Then when you judge him, you're a mile a way and you've nicked his shoes.

MikeRJ

posted on 12/10/08 at 07:45 PM Reply With Quote
My mum went there last year and pretty much hated it due to stupid temperatures, being mobbed by street sellers and getting a very upset stomach.

If you want to go you should get the Hepatitis A vaccination as it's rampant over there.

eznfrank

posted on 12/10/08 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote
I went to Sharm El Sheikh for just a chill out holiday for a week in Feb/March this year. My first time too. Not been on a "do sod all" holiday for a few years and was the perfect destination for that. Got a 5 star all inclusive plave for about £500 IIRC. Hated Naama bay, lots of grabby idiots, one of whom who took it way too far and had to be "told".

Would def go back but only to chill out and maybe a bit of snorkelling/scuba.

My old man goes at least once a year for the scuba, he loves it out there.

What you looking for out of a holiday. Get to Vegas!!! I'm off for Xmas, can't freakin wait!!!

maskell01

posted on 12/10/08 at 07:59 PM Reply With Quote
Luxor was great, but cairo was a real depressing city!

maskell01

maskell01

RichieW

posted on 12/10/08 at 08:08 PM Reply With Quote
Sharm el Sheik is great. We went off a boat snorkelling. It's out of this world. Best sea life in the world out there. Even off the (Very Rocky) beaches its wonderful. A week's long enough though as the place isn't very well developed.

Just enjoy the dazzling sea life.

nathanharris1987

posted on 12/10/08 at 08:31 PM Reply With Quote
yeh its fandabbytastic, would definately recomend it, if you scuba dive or fancy giving it a go; right at the top on the red sea/ border with ilat is a great spot. You can hop over the border and visit waddy rum and petra (indiana jones style) as well
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Richard Quinn

posted on 12/10/08 at 08:51 PM Reply With Quote
We've been to Sharm a few times now and my missus and daughter are going again in two weeks. Just get a hotel that someone has recommended. Absolutely brilliant for a bit of snorkelling and relaxing.
Wadders

posted on 13/10/08 at 07:38 AM Reply With Quote
Nice and cheap if you avoid the tourist hotspots. my neighbour has gone to live there, just had a full size swimming pool dug (by men using shovels) for the outrageous sum of £80.

Al.

procomp

posted on 13/10/08 at 07:57 AM Reply With Quote
Hi

As Richard Quinn says above ^^. we went HERE And another link HERE in sharm. absolutely beautiful. Very large complex with many pools around the complex 3-4 dinning areas Inc one 24hr Italian and one evening only area that overlooks the sea. Jacuzzis overlooking the sea. on site dive courses if you fancy trying. Beach bar facilities beauty salons and massages for the ladies. Gym. Kids club And best of all friendly helpful staff. Ahh the reviews on the above links do a better job than i at recommending the hotel we had a fabulous time there. Definitely going back again sometime.

Cheers Matt

Edit should have said we went earlier this year in July so it was a recent experience as such not a year or two out of date.

[Edited on 13/10/08 by procomp]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.