Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: QDOS - European Breakdown Cover ?
TimEllershaw

posted on 24/6/13 at 03:06 PM Reply With Quote
QDOS - European Breakdown Cover ?

Anybody used / heard of QDOS Breakdown ?

They seem to appear at the top of lots of on-line quote/search systems, but I've never heard of them.

I'm looking for european breakdown cover ( Family holiday in France ) and they quote £28 . RAC and AA are closer to £100.

"If something looks too good to be true, then..... " ?

[Edited on 24/6/2013 by TimEllershaw]

http://www.teenagecancertrust.org/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
pewe

posted on 24/6/13 at 05:17 PM Reply With Quote
I don't know of this lot but just be aware of the small print in most contracts.
When I was looking for similar cover for a 1991 Eunos most won't cover vehicles over 15 years, or a vehicle where the value is less than the likely recovery cost.
In one case they required that the vehicle be "serviced in line with the manufacturer's recommendations" presumably meaning they would require sight of FSH to fork out.
Some have used ADAC but IIRC the contract is in German so maybe more pitfalls there than benefits.
It might be worth having a look at Green Flag?
HTH.
Cheers, Pewe10

PS Also worth asking what happens if you break down on a French Autoroute. They are privately owned and they decide who will attend a breakdown or use their own trucks - can't remember which.

[Edited on 24/6/13 by pewe]

Ben_Copeland

posted on 24/6/13 at 05:23 PM Reply With Quote
Try ADAC, they are also the only company that recovers from Nurburgring.

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

Ninehigh

posted on 24/6/13 at 09:49 PM Reply With Quote
For £28 it's quite possibly one of those where you pay the recoverer and claim off them later

TimEllershaw

posted on 25/6/13 at 09:54 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ninehigh
For £28 it's quite possibly one of those where you pay the recoverer and claim off them later

That was my first thought, but their web site does say : "You do not have to pay the costs up front and recover them from us. We arrange the recovery for you and settle all bills directly with our recovery agents."

I think it may be worth £28 just to have a UK number to call and arrange things rather than having to use my dodgy French to call a garage directly.

To be honest, if it was just me I wouldn't bother, but as this is a family holiday, I will get covered to to keep SWMBO quiet

http://www.teenagecancertrust.org/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.