Turning right at the roundabout?

Take your pick really...

40inches

posted on 20/9/13 at 10:33 AM Reply With Quote
Or just being a Pr**k?

Not Anumber

posted on 20/9/13 at 10:53 AM Reply With Quote
L333NBY

I had someone do that the other week on an urban dual carriageway, when i caught up with them they claimed not to have see me at all..

Some drivers are just so thick in the head they fail to see cars that sit lower on the road.

Guaranteed though they are probably just as much of a hazard near motorbikes, horses, pedestrians, well actually pretty anything that moves except similar German made cars.

imp paul

posted on 20/9/13 at 11:11 AM Reply With Quote
what a cloth head!!!! not much more to say about that
iank

posted on 20/9/13 at 11:21 AM Reply With Quote
To my eyes that's clearly driving without due care and attention* if you could get the police interested.

* or dangerous driving if they preferred to say they saw you and pulled out anyway.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

Grimsdale

posted on 20/9/13 at 11:45 AM Reply With Quote
I really wouldn't get wound up about that, it's not as if that sort of thing is unusual. Lets face it, you're in a high power/weight vehicle accelerating hard, which is often quicker than the expectations of others. You know what your car can do, they do not.
mcerd1

posted on 20/9/13 at 12:11 PM Reply With Quote
if I see a personal plate on a new(ish) A3 - I assume they are going to do that to me or worse
the A3's seem to attract more than the average number of w*******s at the moment

this guy lives in a new flat in edinburgh (~next door to my GF's old flat), the car park has major issues with a lack of spaces and the ones that are there are mostly very small

so this t*** parks every day in the middle of 2 of the biggest ones - "incase he gets scratched" (his words by the way - I'm not just guessing)

there are guys that live there with brand new M5's, 911's and even a F430 that park in a single space!

A3
A3
a3 again
a3 again

[Edited on 20/9/2013 by mcerd1]

-

MikeRJ

posted on 20/9/13 at 12:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mcerd1
so this t*** parks every day in the middle of 2 of the biggest ones - encase he gets scratched
(there are guys that live there with brand new M5's, 911's and even a F430 that park in a single space!)

A3
A3
a3 again
a3 again

Complete knob jockey, he's just inviting someone to cause damage to that. "Jefey" clearly believes owing a German bland mobile makes him more important than anyone else.

loggyboy

posted on 20/9/13 at 01:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
if I see a personal plate on a new(ish) A3 - I assume they are going to do that to me or worse
the A3's seem to attract more than the average number of w*******s at the moment

this guy lives in a new flat in edinburgh (~next door to my GF's old flat), the car park has major issues with a lack of spaces and the ones that are there are mostly very small

so this t*** parks every day in the middle of 2 of the biggest ones - encase he gets scratched
(there are guys that live there with brand new M5's, 911's and even a F430 that park in a single space!)

A3
A3
a3 again
a3 again

[Edited on 20/9/2013 by mcerd1]
#

Leave a note, saying 'i understand you are parking like this to avoid car park dings and scratches, but as this spaces are limited, please park sensibly. or you may find that your car gets more than light scratch from a door opening on it. thanks.'

Mistral Motorsport

Slimy38

posted on 20/9/13 at 01:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Whilst I try not to colour owners of a specific car with a particular brush, my view of A3 owners is similar. To be honest, even as I watched the video I thought 'yep, that's standard driving'...

Had I been in my tintop, they would have got full beam lights and perhaps a horn... if I had been on the bike, I'd have just gone round them in the 100 yards of space they left behind the car in front.

Mr Whippy

posted on 20/9/13 at 01:09 PM Reply With Quote
Tbh this is perfectly normal driving on the roads here, was waiting for something exciting to happen in the clip
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mr Whippy

posted on 20/9/13 at 01:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeRJ
quote:

A3
A3
a3 again
a3 again

Complete knob jockey, he's just inviting someone to cause damage to that. "Jefey" clearly believes owing a German bland mobile makes him more important than anyone else.

Hee hee that's my kind of parking though in the empty parts of Asda carpark, I hate folk who squeeze their car next to mine then bounce their door off my cars side

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mcerd1

posted on 20/9/13 at 01:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
Leave a note, saying 'i understand you are parking like this to avoid car park dings and scratches, but as this spaces are limited, please park sensibly. or you may find that your car gets more than light scratch from a door opening on it. thanks.'

several folk mentioned him on the development's forum/message board thing, and someone did joke that he'd find it one day with a giant scratch on it...

he owned up actually owned up, stated his 'reason' for doing it - and threatened legal action against anyone even threatening to accidentally damage his car - what a first class p***

one day a car got broken into (inside the 'secure carpark' ) and stripped to a base chassis - I was hoping it was his, but it turned out to be one of the M5's

I was wondering what the legal situation would be if he just found it moved one day... I've been thinking a couple of pairs of these would come in handy for my other cars anyway

anyway enough of my hijack - the GF has sold that flat now so he's someone else's problem now...

-

mcerd1

posted on 20/9/13 at 01:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
Hee hee that's my kind of parking though in the empty parts of Asda carpark, I hate folk who squeeze their car next to mine then bounce their door off my cars side

empty asda car parks are one thing...

this is a site with 300 flats, 300 spaces (inc the ones above ground) and I guess about 1.2 - 1.25 cars per flat

and to cap it off some of the spaces are too small for most new cars (i can just get a mk1 focus in the smaller ones with the mirrors folded in, but sometimes I'd need to climb out the boot

-

Mr Whippy

posted on 20/9/13 at 01:46 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeRJ
quote:

A3
A3
a3 again
a3 again

Looking at the width of the space you may be able with a dolly rotate the car 90 degrees in between the two pillars then watch as he does a 100 point turn to get back out

Mind when I was a kid watching some builders bounce a woman's car out the way of an entrance she'd blocked so they could get their van past. She came back and drove straight into a concrete bollard now infront of her car and was completely confused where it had appeared from

r1_pete

posted on 20/9/13 at 01:59 PM Reply With Quote
Dave its surprising how often that happens on that stretch of road, some numpty did it to me a few years ago, so I followed him till he stopped, he was about to give me verbal till he saw I'm 6'4 and 17st, then politely appologised and said he thought I was his mate as he had the same sort of car!!!
kj

posted on 20/9/13 at 02:05 PM Reply With Quote
Because they drive an Audi??? or they don't like 7s i have had a few just pull out in front of me in the past.

Think about it, think about it again and then do it.

Mr Whippy

posted on 20/9/13 at 02:21 PM Reply With Quote
I have recently had a lot of folk in modern cars scream off at the traffic lights when I'm along side or appear to be trying to race or show off how fast their car is now that I have done the bluebird in camo. Tbh it's a waisted effort as I'm not interested whatsoever and my car has 95bhp of sluggishness and doesn't know the meaning of haste. Perhaps they are trying to compensate for the blandness of their car? Not sure
40inches

posted on 20/9/13 at 03:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by r1_pete
Dave its surprising how often that happens on that stretch of road, some numpty did it to me a few years ago, so I followed him till he stopped, he was about to give me verbal till he saw I'm 6'4 and 17st, then politely appologised and said he thought I was his mate as he had the same sort of car!!!

To be honest Pete, it doesn't bother me to that extent. However, I did follow him into Beighton (I was going to Aston) just for the hell of it , he ended back at Crystal Peaks before I let him go

Canada EH!

posted on 20/9/13 at 03:18 PM Reply With Quote
As a retired Police Officer I would march that video right into the local Traffic office and let them have a look, perfect case of Improper Lane Change.
Daf

posted on 20/9/13 at 03:25 PM Reply With Quote
Probably hadn’t seen you, I’m a biker myself and can’t count high enough to tell you the number of times I’ve had exactly that happen! It amazes me how people just don’t look where they’re going.
mcerd1

posted on 20/9/13 at 03:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
I have recently had a lot of folk in modern cars scream off at the traffic lights when I'm along side or appear to be trying to race or show off how fast their car is now that I have done the bluebird in camo. Tbh it's a waisted effort as I'm not interested whatsoever and my car has 95bhp of sluggishness and doesn't know the meaning of haste. Perhaps they are trying to compensate for the blandness of their car? Not sure

I used to get that with my last car - a 16 year old 106 with a '1.0' badge on the wing (and probably covered in mud too)
but it weighed less than a bag of sugar and had no rev limiter - so if I was in the mood the thing could sometimes catch them out and leave them for dust off the line (mind out it ran out of puff at 40 mph) some of these audi drivers looked physically angry that they had been beaten off the line by a car like that
(its not like I was even blocking them from overtaking, they would have a whole lane to themselves)

-

dave

posted on 20/9/13 at 04:58 PM Reply With Quote
Because YOU have no right to be in their lane.
liam.mccaffrey

posted on 20/9/13 at 05:04 PM Reply With Quote
If I'm honest, that and worse happens so frequently to me It doesn't even raise my pulse any more. Sad times

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.