Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 20ltr XE Westfield Seiw
spaximus

posted on 27/4/14 at 07:56 PM Reply With Quote
20ltr XE Westfield Seiw

After much deliberation I have decided that maybe now is the time to part company with my Westfield road car. The truth is that since I finished it I could never bring myself to use it on track so I built another one for that use which is a stripped out version and with a bout of illness the road car has done just 8000 miles and the track one 615 miles and unlikely to change much as life gets in the way. I also get as much pleasure out of building as driving, like many Westfield owners do.
This was built to a very high standard with everything new or fully reconditioned, but I chose to have a Q plate as subsequent testing is a breeze and never ages the car.
The kit was collected in March 2001 and was eventually finished and on the road in July 2003. So here is the spec.

Engine:
This was a fully reconditioned 2.0xe engine direct from Vauxhall and after much effort on their part it was delivered with the Coscat head which is the better of any version to have.
To this was added a full SBD 208 kit which has individual throttle bodies’ and an MBE electronic injection unit. This also has an ITG Air filter system which was rolling road set up at around 195BHP
To fuel this engine it is fitted with Aeroquip hosing from front to back and runs a Cosworth fuel pump. The Fuel tank is Westfield Injection version.
The exhaust is a full SBD stainless system with a 6 inch Carbon covered silencer again from SBD.
It is fitted with an SBD ridged pulley conversion for the Alternator which is a small Denso unit.
Sump is SBD shallow sump but this was bought second-hand and has had a repair, just to be honest.
Cooling is by a Westfield radiator and was one of the last steel and brass unit before they went over to the polo rad, with front mounted fan.

Transmission:
BGH heavy duty sporting box which is a long first and close second third and four with fifth being over driven. This keeps the engine in the power band all the time
Clutch is an SBD Kevlar drive plate with a heavy duty pressure plate.
The Bellhousing is a Westfield alloy unit with cable mechanisum.
Westfield extension for gear lever
Diff is a 3.62 limited slip diff
Propshaft is a Dunning and Fairbank heavy duty unit.
Wheels are TSW five spoke 6x15 fitted with 195/50/15 Yokohama A539, these are good road tyres and are all like new. There is a fifth wheel which has never been on the car and never out of the garage as I chose not to run a spare after buying it.

Brakes:
Fronts are four pot calipers with Vented discs
Rears Sierra units
Master Cylinder is AP racing which is split 60/40 bias to the front so you never get rear lock ups.
The pedal box is top mounted which I prefer to the floor mounted which I have in my other car.
All hoses are Aeroquip.

Suspension.
Standard width wishbones with Westfield suspension units, which I believe at the time were AVO units.
Westfield steering rack with lockstops fitted at the factory.
This had a full geo set up at Procomp after the SVA.

Interior:
Westfield Sports Seats with Yellow centre section with yellow piping. This theme runs through the carpet which are Black with Yellow accents.
Dash as a full set of VDO gauges and Westfield switches
Heater is a Westfield unit which gives out a surprising amount of heat.
Seat belts are static three points which are easily changed should one wish however I prefer them for the road as you are not fixed in place when coming up to junctions.
Steering wheel is a Momo on a quick release hub, which is lockable so you don’t have to walk around with the wheel, unless you want to.
The car comes with a full hood and both sidescreens and wind deflectors.

Body:
Black body with yellow cycle wings and yellow detachable rear arches.
Bonnet is the flat type which I preferred to the V8 style.
Standard Westfield roll bar.
I have just fitted lowered floor pans this winter which makes a huge difference to being out of the wind.
To replicate this car new now would be going towards £20k so pricing it is hard for me but it does have agreed value insurance of £12000.

I am asking £9250 ONO which I feel is a fair price for the spec of car.

I welcome any inspection and test rides, but unless you have proof of insurance to cover this Westfield then all will be with me driving.

I will be at Stoneleigh on the Sunday or can be contacted on 07739 332634 or 01454323817 evenings.
I will take some up to date photographs this week, as the only ones I have are taken last year for the insurance valuation at present. Only the interior has changed slightly following the floor pans being fitted.

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.