Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Can anyone identify this radiator?
SteveRST

posted on 13/8/14 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote
Can anyone identify this radiator?

Fitted to my '98 Westfield which was CVH powered.
Core dimensions: width 41cm x height 35cm x 5cm depth. Seems to be copper core with brass ends.

It's very heavy - not sure if I'd be better off with a new Polo rad?

Steve

[Edited on 13/8/14 by SteveRST]

OliilO

posted on 13/8/14 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
Steve,

I've got a new polo rad that you're welcome to for a tenner if you want. I bought it to replace my rad, but didn't end up replumbing in the end. Probably not worth posting but if you're heading to a SKCC run in the near future I can bring it along.

Mr C

posted on 13/8/14 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Steve, Mike, (b33fy) here, hope all is well, haven't a clue on the rad, though I'm looking for one as well I've been looking at Radtec's caterham rads bit pricy mind, be interested in what you come up with.

Mike

Girl walks into a bar and asks for a double entendre, so the barman gave her one

Andy S

posted on 13/8/14 at 10:13 PM Reply With Quote
You will be far better off with a polo rad - first mod I made to mine - will save 4kg in weight and provide better cooling.

Mine was an 89 Low Line Narrow body with an 1800 Zetec - rad for a Tenner snap it up.

jollygreengiant

posted on 13/8/14 at 10:38 PM Reply With Quote
Its name is Kevin.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

britishtrident

posted on 14/8/14 at 05:57 AM Reply With Quote
The existing rad is custom made basically it is a Ford or Triumph? rad assembled with the top header tank replaced with a bottom tank.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

spaximus

posted on 14/8/14 at 07:27 AM Reply With Quote
That is an original westfield radiator they used to supply before they started using the Polo. It was custom made but is fully repairable at any radiator repair shop. They are made of copper and brass so a bit heavy but very robust.

A polo rad is a good swap if saving weight is what you want. No point going to a radtec with just a CVH as the polo rad is will cool a VX 16v no problems.

Mr C

posted on 14/8/14 at 09:32 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by spaximus
That is an original westfield radiator they used to supply before they started using the Polo. It was custom made but is fully repairable at any radiator repair shop. They are made of copper and brass so a bit heavy but very robust.

A polo rad is a good swap if saving weight is what you want. No point going to a radtec with just a CVH as the polo rad is will cool a VX 16v no problems.

Its been modified a touch since the cvh..

I'm looking for a rad suitable for a supercharged duratec I can go a little wider than the standard caterham polo rad up to 500-530mm now thinking Honda Civic Rad..

Girl walks into a bar and asks for a double entendre, so the barman gave her one

SteveRST

posted on 15/8/14 at 10:46 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for your replies guys. I had not been able to find one on google, so as you say, it must have been a custom job.

Yeah, car is now running 2.0 zetec with a turbo but I've only noticed temperature creaping up during some prolonged thrashing or after 15 mins on track.
Don't really want to swap the rad out as that means re-routing cooling, fan, charge-cooler rad. At the moment I'm modding the nosecone for more airflow and boxing in the rad so that air that enters the nose has to flow through the rads.

steve

Andybarbet

posted on 16/8/14 at 07:31 AM Reply With Quote
It may be worth taking it somewhere to get it re-cored, years ago I had my mini one done & they double cored it which made it cool much better, could be worth seeing if its possible with this one.

Atleast you can just refit then with no mods to the mounts etc.

Give a man a fish & it will feed him for a day, give him a fishing rod & you've saved a fish.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.