Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Tyres
brynhamlet

posted on 26/11/07 at 12:50 PM Reply With Quote
Tyres

I have a MK locost on Yoko A063 tyres which if anybody on here as read I found on wet, cold roads don't work very well

I have 13” wheels and am thinking about a set of winter tyres. I am currently running with I think 195’s

I intend driving the car all winter, with no windscreen, just a warm, windproof, coat, crash hat and gloves.

Can you lot make some good suggestions on what to buy.

Oh an the car is a torquie CEC not a revy BEC

Paul TigerB6

posted on 26/11/07 at 01:01 PM Reply With Quote
How about Yoko A021R's or are you looking at something more durable??

Have a look here:- http://website.lineone.net/~dmch2/tyres.htm

http://www.linxdesign.co.uk/polley/catalogue_tyres_final.asp?id=35&manufacturer=Yokohama

How about a set of 185/70/13's?? Narrower width might be more preferable in the cold wet winter to your summer 195's (ie less likely to aquaplane, warm up slightly easier etc etc)

[Edited on 26/11/07 by Paul TigerB6]

[Edited on 26/11/07 by Paul TigerB6]

brynhamlet

posted on 26/11/07 at 01:58 PM Reply With Quote
I'm not looking for longevity, just stickiness. After visiting the bottom of one Linconshire dyke, I want something to stick in cold wet conditions

The car will probably do no more than 1000miles over the winter if that. But I want 1000miles on what is a brand new engine (and I've got 650 miles to go), so when the warm weather comes, I can play

Humbug

posted on 26/11/07 at 03:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by brynhamlet
I'm not looking for longevity, just stickiness. After visiting the bottom of one Linconshire dyke, I want something to stick in cold wet conditions

The car will probably do no more than 1000miles over the winter if that. But I want 1000miles on what is a brand new engine (and I've got 650 miles to go), so when the warm weather comes, I can play

I don't think we want to know that! Didn't she complain?

brynhamlet

posted on 26/11/07 at 03:48 PM Reply With Quote
Ha Ha

come to Lincolnshire, some of the best country driving roads about, but the dykes i.e. are bl**dy deep ditchs about the length of a Locust when you have a little upsey

brycheiniog

posted on 31/12/07 at 05:16 PM Reply With Quote
I run 185/70/R13 A021s on my Fury and they seem to work very well even at this time of year..

VGVFM to .

Jonathan

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.