Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Wilwood brackets Help!
Racin-Sparky

posted on 17/11/11 at 11:35 AM Reply With Quote
Wilwood brackets Help!

Hi
I have a set of Wilwood powerlite hand brake calipers I want to mount to my Striker. I currently have a sierra setup (solid discs, caliper,hub, upright).
Ive tried RD but no luck there.
Does anyone know if you can buy them anywhere? or has anyone got the dimensions so I could get some fabricated?

Thanks

marmot0

posted on 17/11/11 at 01:52 PM Reply With Quote
Hope you are still enjoying my old car and that it has been trouble free, rally design sell the kit and also do the braket seperately. Have a look here
http://www.rallydesign.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=562_563_567&products_id=15580.

think you might have to do a bit of fettling to get it to fit and don't forget to readjust the brake balance first not sure if you will need a new MC or not on the rear
Cheers

Racin-Sparky

posted on 17/11/11 at 10:21 PM Reply With Quote
Really enjoying the car, have competed in the local sprint, and track days at Brands, Castle Combe and Keevil.
Managed to get hold of the wilwood as the offsd rear caliper was seized at the 1st event.
I spoke to Rally Design this morning, they said they don't sell the bracket I need, only plain sections of alley cut in short length for fabrication.
Was trying to find someone who may have a solution for this ?

Cheers

The Black Flash

posted on 17/11/11 at 11:06 PM Reply With Quote
How odd!
I've just bought some powerlite handbrake callipers and a kit to fit the sierra rear hubs (disc braked version)....from Rally Design. What size discs are you using? The kit came with 273mm.
Here's the adaptor:

Then there are just spacers to jack the calliper upwards by the correct amount for whichever size discs you have. Here's a pic of the fronts, the adaptor is a slightly different shape but the design is the same:

It may be that they didn't have a kit to suit your disc size, but the adaptor would be the same regardless, so it all sounds a bit confusing. It would be pretty easy to make your own adaptor though.

eddbaz

posted on 18/11/11 at 12:18 AM Reply With Quote
Are you running a 7'' or 7.5'' diff, I had to modify my brakets as the hub carrier from the 7.5'' diff setup has different mounting dimensions than the 7'' seetup hubs.
Racin-Sparky

posted on 20/11/11 at 09:54 PM Reply With Quote
@ Black Flash... That's the brackets I'm after! I purchased the calipers from eBay, not as a kit. I spoke to Rally Design and didn't sell them....apparently
Maybe they just want to sell their kits?

@edd thanks for the heads up, I'll check my Diff.

Thanks

The Black Flash

posted on 21/11/11 at 10:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Racin-Sparky
@ Black Flash... That's the brackets I'm after! I purchased the calipers from eBay, not as a kit. I spoke to Rally Design and didn't sell them....apparently
Maybe they just want to sell their kits?

Weird. They sold me the kit for the front minus the discs (I'd already bought some), so they didn't seem to mind splitting bits out. Maybe it depends who you get on the phone.

Still, if they sell the ally stock it'd be easy to drill the holes. And at least they'll be in the right place

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.