Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: OT. Whats the best?
Dunc

posted on 10/10/02 at 11:26 AM Reply With Quote
OT. Whats the best?

A supplement one of this months car mags got me thinking. Forgetting performance and economy and practicality for your 2.4 children on a tour of the UK while towing your caravan. In your opion, what is the best looking most gorgeous car available ever?

For me it has to be the XJ220, the lines at the front and sides are pure art, uncluttered, sleek. Pure beauty, nothing else comes close, not even the Ferrari 288. The back end is another matter though.

Simon

posted on 10/10/02 at 12:14 PM Reply With Quote
For me, it would have to be a Mini (proper one, not the German shite) or an Abath Fiat 500. Could be blown '35 ish Bentley or plenty of cars from that era, on the the '50s. Something that has been sculpted rather than designed with a computer / windtunnel.

Bit indecisive I know, but there are so many to pick from, though I'd exclude anything after mid '70's

My thoughts. Well you did ask:-)

If I had my way, I'd have an Airscooter - pick in Archive!!!!!!!!

ATB

Simon

redeye

posted on 10/10/02 at 12:16 PM Reply With Quote
i would jsut love to rub my fingers over a larda any larda they are gorgeous dont ya think ...........erm maybe not lol

wouldnt mind the new jag concept tho f type i think its called

Dunc

posted on 10/10/02 at 12:58 PM Reply With Quote
Must admit the F-Type is nice but being a sad git I have a picture of the XK180 on my wall at work to help inspire me. This was the fore-runner to the F-Type concept and was basically a shorted and tuned XKR. Tiffney-Dell of Top Gear fame drove it a few years ago before Jaguar decided to yield and make it.
johnston

posted on 10/10/02 at 09:38 PM Reply With Quote
ford rs1700t or lancia stratos maybe even mach 1 mustang coupe but then arent anglias cute or maybe a lamborgini muira or e type mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............................i cant decide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

locodude

posted on 10/10/02 at 10:15 PM Reply With Quote
Has to be 'the tangerine dream'. See left for pic!

Alan B

posted on 10/10/02 at 10:31 PM Reply With Quote
For me it would the Ferrari F40.
Quite like the 512BB too.

Until mine is finished of course

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
interestedparty

posted on 11/10/02 at 06:51 AM Reply With Quote
The first version of the Aston Martin DBS (before the spoilers and blanked grille etc) as featured in the film On Her Majesty's Secret Service.

John

As some day it may happen that a victim must be found,
I've got a little list-- I've got a little list
Of society offenders who might well be underground,
And who never would be missed-- who never would be missed!

johnston

posted on 11/10/02 at 09:14 AM Reply With Quote
any 1 else think its weird that i would also like a morris mionor.............traveler

ChrisW

posted on 11/10/02 at 11:38 AM Reply With Quote
I'd like an Aston Martin Vanquish if money was out of the question. Second to that, something I'd maybe be able to buy one day would be a Nissan Skyline GTR.

Chris

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Dunc

posted on 11/10/02 at 01:01 PM Reply With Quote
Chris, is your choice of a skyline based purely on looks? Vanquish is nice though, got the lowdown on a black prototype couple of years ago at the Aston factory, sweet.
Kelvin

posted on 11/10/02 at 01:36 PM Reply With Quote
McLaren F1. Can't stand the race team, but Gordon Murray produced an absolute beauty there. Thats the money no object choice for me, and it's quite practical as well!

Kelvin

ChrisW

posted on 11/10/02 at 01:52 PM Reply With Quote
No, I guess you're right - part of the Skyline choice is 'cos of the stupid power and all the electronic wizardry to fiddle with. Still u got to admit it looks double hard!

Chris

James

posted on 11/10/02 at 03:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
McLaren F1. Can't stand the race team, but Gordon Murray produced an absolute beauty there. Thats the money no object choice for me, and it's quite practical as well!

Kelvin

Oi!!! Gerrofff- the Maclaren F1 is mine!!!

B#gger, can't believe I came to this topic late and someone got the Maclaren F1 before me. Thieving git!

Some people carry around pictures of their family in their wallet- I have a picture of an orange*** F1 LM in mine!

Assuming you're having the standard road car I'll take the LM version then thank you very much. Not quite as pretty (it's longer) but 130lb lighter and 40bhp more (so 668BHP).

Anyway, that'll do for my weekend car, for a daily driver I think I ought to have another 600BHP car, the Full Works Prepared Aston Martin V600 Vantage

Seeya at the lights!

Cheers,

James

*** (Locodude would be proud)

Kelvin

posted on 11/10/02 at 03:16 PM Reply With Quote
Oh yes, definitely the road car. It may be heavier with slightly less power, but according to the figures in the official McLaren design & build story book, it's faster as it doesn't have the restrictors enforced upon it by the ACO and the FIA!! Never did like the final long tail evolution either, but apparently that's Gordon Murrays favourite.

Have to get a radio for it though!!

Kelvin

James

posted on 11/10/02 at 03:18 PM Reply With Quote
Having driven alongside* one today (Skyline) I've decided to go for Skyline\Maclaren style rear lights for my Locost too.

James

*Not for long- strangely my 1.8Golf couldn't keep up with it- not sure why?

Liam

posted on 11/10/02 at 03:37 PM Reply With Quote
Hmmm...

Lamborghini Miura, Lancia Strato's, Dodge Viper GTSR, or I quite like the new Ferrari Enzo.

Ah s*d all that bollox, it's gotta be the Autocad representation of my finished Locost

kingr

posted on 11/10/02 at 03:58 PM Reply With Quote
Gardner Douglas GT, the meanest looking car on the road, even the estate version looks good. If not that then in order : Mclaren F1, Aston Martin Vanquish, Noble M12 (saw one of these a couple of weeks ago on the back of a tow truck, so I followed it, tempted to overtake it, but sense got the better of me, spoke to the driver who was a bit of a cocky bugger, and I just thought, once I've got my rice burning locost going, I'll show you a thing or two about fast cars, hehehe. Turned out it had overheated in traffic)

Kingr

rallyslag

posted on 11/10/02 at 04:35 PM Reply With Quote
works preped Ford RS200 please

all time classic rally car and fast as f*ck

or failing that i wouldnt mind a 67 Mustang GT500

Old chinese proverb: "If a man speaks in a forest, and no woman hears him, is he still wrong?"

plewis66

posted on 13/11/02 at 02:19 PM Reply With Quote
On looks?
Bugatti veyron.
As much for the inside as the out.

philgregson

posted on 13/11/02 at 03:36 PM Reply With Quote
E-Type or D-type, Ford GT40, Aston Martin Vanquish, Jag F-type too, McLaren F1,......... Too many to choose from - each attracts in it's own way - Can I have them all please?
Viper

posted on 13/11/02 at 05:16 PM Reply With Quote
Viper, cerbera, Viper, Tuscan R, Viper,GT40, Viper, Cobra, Viper should i go on?

Spyderman

posted on 13/11/02 at 06:47 PM Reply With Quote
Lambourghini Miura, Countach (early prototype version without scoops), Ford GT40, Ford Mustang GT350, Lotus Cortina MK1, Metro 6R4 (ford RS200 killer ) and Porsche 911 2.7 RSR.

Terry

MrFluffy

posted on 14/11/02 at 09:10 AM Reply With Quote
Lambo's for me

Im going to be boring and say a Lamborghini Murciélago for posing.
Id have chosen the old Lamborghini P400 Miura SV, but someone poked the headlights with a very severe ugly stick!! I look round the beautiful lines of that car and think "What were they thinking of with THEM headlights"...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.