Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: R1 water flow
jlayton

posted on 9/5/15 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
R1 water flow

Hi, in desperate need to know what way the water flows on the r1 5pw. It's to plumb the water lines up for my turbo

Thanks in adavance

CosKev3

posted on 9/5/15 at 09:20 PM Reply With Quote
On which part of the system?
jlayton

posted on 9/5/15 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
Just need to know if the water pumps up through the engine,then to top of rad. Or does it flow from the bottom of the rad to the top.
Hope that makes sense
Thanks

CosKev3

posted on 9/5/15 at 09:44 PM Reply With Quote
Thermostat is in the pipe going to rad, so that's the hot water exiting the engine.
kentmagpie

posted on 10/5/15 at 07:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jlayton
Just need to know if the water pumps up through the engine,then to top of rad. Or does it flow from the bottom of the rad to the top.
Hope that makes sense
Thanks

I'm not 100% sure on an r1 but most engines will rely on the thermostat to build heat up in the engine and then at optimum temperature release out. Most commonly higher up the engine flowing to the top of the rad and down through out the bottom and back round again. On car engines most water pumps are bolted on the side of the head pumping water through the engine. On my last bec I had an external electronic water pump that seriously worked at a rate of knots but effectively still doing the same job as a car setup. Sorry if sounds confusin but hope this helps

gabbes

posted on 29/8/15 at 05:09 AM Reply With Quote
The waterflow is from the lowest point - bottom and upwards. Download the service manual for the motorcycle and you will have a wonderful description there with photos.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.