Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Cleaning Chrome
TimC

posted on 19/12/05 at 11:40 PM Reply With Quote
Cleaning Chrome

Anybody got any top tips for cleaning chrome, specifically what cleaner to use?

Ta in advance.

joolsmi16

posted on 19/12/05 at 11:51 PM Reply With Quote
cleaning chrome

Vinegar: To clean chrome, wipe with a soft cloth dipped in undiluted white or cider vinegar.
Baby Oil: Apply baby oil with a soft cloth and polish to remove stains from chrome trim on faucets, kitchen appliances, vehicles, etc.
Aluminum Foil: Briskly scrub rust spots on car bumpers with a piece of crumpled aluminum foil, shiny side up. Also works well on the chrome shafts of golf clubs.
Chrome faucets: are easily cleaned with soapy water. Rinse and wipe dry with a paper towel to restore luster. An old toothbrush helps get deposits of dirt out from under edges of faucet. For hard-to-remove spots, use silver polish, rinse, and wipe dry.

TimC

posted on 20/12/05 at 07:24 AM Reply With Quote
Cheers!

I knew you spoke funny 'down west' but I didn't realsie you used the american for tap!

CHEERS

lsdweb

posted on 20/12/05 at 10:27 PM Reply With Quote
Tim

I live halfway between you both and I use tap! It must be Pembrokeshire speak - the land that the Irish left behind............

Wyn

Confused but excited.

posted on 1/2/06 at 07:22 PM Reply With Quote
Aluminium foil ( ie; the proverbial Kit Kat wrapper ) is great as a short term cure for lightly pitted chrome, only as long as you are going to sell the item within the week.
We wouldn't do that to one another, would we?

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

Browser

posted on 27/4/06 at 06:02 AM Reply With Quote
My old dad taught me to use wire wool with oil on it to clean bike wheels which were rusty. Any oil will do i.e 20/50, 3-in-1 etc. Use fine grade wire woll and put a splodge of oil on (don't drown it) and gently rub the surface, buffing of fthe oil residue when finished.

Moorron

posted on 10/5/06 at 11:15 AM Reply With Quote
I would have thought wire wool would scratch it.

i use original T cut, seems to remove the rust marks off my range rover bumpers fine without marking them. I use so much of the stuff (for polishing alloy too) i bought 5 litres of the stuff. just remember to put the lid back on or u will knock it over on your drive and the missus will go bonkers.

Sorry about my spelling, im an engineer and only work in numbers.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.