Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Hans Device Group buy
MK9R

posted on 11/6/09 at 08:53 AM Reply With Quote
Hans Device Group buy

I'm organising a group buy on Hans Devices if anyone is interested. I have potentially 6 takers already which means i get the pro series for 719 or the sport series for 402. If i get another 4 people the price will drop to 694 for the pro and 390 for sport. These price include VAT

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
TimC

posted on 11/6/09 at 09:29 AM Reply With Quote
I would but I have a nearly new non-Hans lid.

MK9R

posted on 11/6/09 at 09:32 AM Reply With Quote
I

You can have it sent away to have the posts fitted, but i think that costs nearly 200 quid!!

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Hammerhead

posted on 11/6/09 at 01:05 PM Reply With Quote
can you retro fit the posts to your current lid? without spending £200? Surely its just a case of drill holes and bolt them on.

I'm interested in the hans device but dont want a new lid and also dont you need a seat that is compatible?

Cheers.

Steve.

MK9R

posted on 11/6/09 at 01:08 PM Reply With Quote
you can do it yourself, but you will not have the correct stickers on the helmet and it could be impounded by a scrutineer

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

Hammerhead

posted on 11/6/09 at 06:45 PM Reply With Quote
thats fine. I'm not a racer. I'd be interested in the cheaper one, would it be the one thats 20 degrees angle and would the tethers be fixed or sliding. Sorry for the q's but they do a few versions and I'm not that sure which is best for my kit and my elise.

Ta.
Steve.

simes43

posted on 12/6/09 at 06:53 PM Reply With Quote
Having worn a HANS for the last four years there are number of considerations you guys might want to consider.

Firstly, it is not just your helmet that needs potentially updating. The belts,the belts anchorage position and seat may require either changing or updating.

Secondly, once you choose your device, it may only be suitable for one style of car, due to the degree of recline.

Finally, you need to choose the device your body shape and seat position require. The degrees offered are only a guide.

A couple of other things, Nicky Grist is importing a HANS rival that allows multiple angles from one device.

If anyone is at Brands next weekend, I would be happy to discuss the practical side of using the device.

Si

[Edited on 12/6/09 by simes43]

MK9R

posted on 15/6/09 at 06:54 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by simes43
Having worn a HANS for the last four years there are number of considerations you guys might want to consider.

Firstly, it is not just your helmet that needs potentially updating. The belts,the belts anchorage position and seat may require either changing or updating.

Secondly, once you choose your device, it may only be suitable for one style of car, due to the degree of recline.

Finally, you need to choose the device your body shape and seat position require. The degrees offered are only a guide.

A couple of other things, Nicky Grist is importing a HANS rival that allows multiple angles from one device.

If anyone is at Brands next weekend, I would be happy to discuss the practical side of using the device.

Si

[Edited on 12/6/09 by simes43]

Beem looking at the Defnder inpoted by Nicky Grist, and some of the RGB'ers have ordered one. The only thing that is putting me off is the fitting of the posts for it, as they are different to the hans posts i already have fitted.

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

TimC

posted on 15/6/09 at 07:37 AM Reply With Quote
If he's open I'm going to try to get to NG on Saturday morning with my lid.

Tim

MK9R

posted on 15/6/09 at 07:45 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TimC
If he's open I'm going to try to get to NG on Saturday morning with my lid.

Tim

great stuff tim

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

bjw970s

posted on 22/6/09 at 12:09 PM Reply With Quote
Merlin Motorsport are selling a Stand 21 version as well.

Hadn't nb'd the number of variables in fitting - will need to look into it further before buying.

[Edited on 22/6/09 by bjw970s]

As someone else once said 'LOCOST my Ar**

MK9R

posted on 22/6/09 at 01:43 PM Reply With Quote
I bought a Hans sport from Nicky grist, £423 delivered, fits a treat, doesn't hamper vision at all and very easy to take on and off, all in all very chuffed

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.