Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Indicators
Rob Palin

posted on 11/3/03 at 06:02 PM Reply With Quote
Indicators

Can anyone out there tell me if i need working indicators on my race car?
Deckman001

posted on 11/3/03 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
As far as I know, you do, as the car has to be able to pass an mot test

Jason

D Beddows

posted on 11/3/03 at 08:36 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah you do, for one thing they are in 'the book' ie 'Build your own Sports....etc' which is a regulation and more importantly they are as useful as they are on your road car to tell other people you are slowing down to enter the pits.

I have my own ideas about MOT regulations having read them as these are cars used during daylight hours on private roads but, as the cars have to be built 'as book', there is no way round it.

Rob Palin

posted on 13/3/03 at 11:24 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the replies guys. My confusion has stemmed from the contradiction of the rules & the 'book' versus the fact that my car's previous owner has been racing without working indicators for the last 3 years - he says you signal with your arm. There are still rear indicators on the car but there are no stalks on the steering column or switches on the dash. Strange.
D Beddows

posted on 14/3/03 at 07:18 PM Reply With Quote
Strange? not realy (you're about to enter the bizaar world of regulatory contradictions that is Locost racing after all) I can't remember ever having our inticators checked in 3 seasons of racing but you never know...... it's one of the less important things tho and I wouldn't worry too much about it, but if you don't have the actual lights (working or not) on the car there are one or two muppets who might give you a hard time about it.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.